Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado LBZ. has been to 5 diff shops noone cant figure it out, problem is it starts up then dies and while this happens the cluster dont work ether does the auto hvac system. now if you turn the key to the on postion and the cluster and a/c comes on then you know it will start, i drive it around all day and its fine but wen i park it at home n the morning wont start everytime, i have all data of course i work for a diesel shop, ive done a bunch of diag on it, everything points to replace bcm, well it has a new BCM no fix, new IGNITION SWITCH, no fix, ive had u1000,u1010 and a bunch of dumb b codes dont have them at the momoent but none of the codes point to anywhere, just wondering if anybody has seen this issue anywhere,.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Might be a ground issue. Does the electric seat work by chance? There is a ground under the driver seat that can burn up sometimes.

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
Check the wires at the "jumper box", by the power steering pump. Make sure they are tight, and no corrosion. A corroded cable can also lcause problems. It corodes inside the protective covering.

Also lift the under hood fuse box, and check the wires-- mice like that place for making babies.

Using a test light when the problem shows up, will help find a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the power seats work. Both sides. Also have been checking around the powersteering pump as I have found small details on on alldata about those poblems. Ill take more detail tommorrow.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
cab grounds, wiring harness under the seat, thats the main cause of the problem. Usually. Not in my case. Look up gm bulletin 03-08-50-014A

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found the problem guys..on the fuse box under the hood, when i move some internals i can make the problem occur as much as i please. bad circuit in the fuse box. calling to order one now, im so glad i finally found this. now im putting the inside of the truck back together haha since i riped that apart. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
post up which circuit, and pics if you can.

Not to sound like an ass, but not one damn person had had the exact thing happen to them as i did (which is the same as you) so i ended up tearing the truck apart searching, and people come to forums, ask for help, but when they fix it they just leave, never come back on again.

so if you find your problem at least post it up on the forum, thats how all this great information got her to begin with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok i havent really had anytime to post picture, but on the fuse box, the front side of it has like a fuseable link with a battery + going to it i took that wire and move pressure up and down, now when the truck was acting up and you had the key in the ingnition n the power on postion it would ding like the key was off and just sitting there with door open, when i move that wire up and down which messed with the circuit bored in the fuse box it would change the chime to like u just put the key to the on postion, and thats how i knew the dash lit up and it would start

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just found the problem guys..on the fuse box under the hood, when i move some internals i can make the problem occur as much as i please. bad circuit in the fuse box. calling to order one now, im so glad i finally found this. now im putting the inside of the truck back together haha since i riped that apart. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,thanks!!! I HAD the same problem and you saved me a bunch of anxiety and time. I did exactly what you said and fixed the problem!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts