Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my first upgrade. I added a MBRP 4" straight pipe downpipe back and love the sound. I was thinking of using the Edge Insite CTS for the monitoring and a PPE Standard for the tuner. Does this sound like a good mix? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Yeah the Insight CTS and PPE would be great.

But, the Edge CTS would do both

Or... the best would be EFI Live + Insight CTS

glad you like the exhaust, i wanna do mine real soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the Insight CTS and PPE would be great.

But, the Edge CTS would do both

Or... the best would be EFI Live + Insight CTS

glad you like the exhaust, i wanna do mine real soon.
I have heard that the Edge Juice with attitude makes the truck shift hard. I like the change on the fly but concerend about the shifting. Go ahead and do the exhaust when you can you will love it. Mine sounds like a jet at idle. The EFI live is out of my price range. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Okay yeah do NOT buy edge juice. the only thing that is worth a damn and is on the fly is EFI Live. you can buy a pretuned ECM and dsp5 or use ATP's new loaner V2 if you'd like to look into it further.

but an edge CS/CTS tuner would do you just fine. No problems with mine, like it better than superchips for sure

PPE does good work as well though. all personal preference

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I have heard that the Edge Juice with attitude makes the truck shift hard. I like the change on the fly but concerend about the shifting. Go ahead and do the exhaust when you can you will love it. Mine sounds like a jet at idle. The EFI live is out of my price range. Thanks for your input.
he was talking about the edge evo tunes which have proven to be great, and efi is cheaper than the ppe tuner.... just do not buy the v2. have someone else tune the truck and you will be 100x times happier and with the cts you can then switch them on the fly as well and ur tranny will still love you

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^agreed. for the same price point you can get a pretuned ecm, participate in the loaner v2 program OR the new efi spade setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts