Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every once in a while I go to start my truck the starter will grind. Sometimes itll go w Appvn eeks without doing it, sometimes itll be every other day. Then today it about left me stranded, but finally started. I replaced the starter a few months ago because of this, but it's already happening again. My mechanic said the last starter was perfectly fine. Any ideas? SHAREit

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Lots of posts about this problem in the forum. Have you done a search to see what others have found?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine literally did this for the first time today. Upon a quick Google search, it seems like if you just jump in and quickly turn the key without letting the glow plug light go out, or the computers boot up, it'll grind. Which is exactly what I did.....for the first time. I religiously wait until the glow plug light goes out, due to being in Canada and all.....cold climate.

Apparently replacing the starter does nothing.

Sent from my google machine

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was told that aftermarket starters are not the way to go when replacing them. Told to me from a very trusted mechanic.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,566 Posts
I was told that aftermarket starters are not the way to go when replacing them. Told to me from a very trusted mechanic.
I've used DB Electrical several times and have had no issues at all. Last time I bought one from them, it was like $90 or so. Put one on my buddy's LLY four years ago, one in another guys LB7, and my LB7 two years ago now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts