Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TAINTED SUSPENSION
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to remote start my truck the other day and it grinded and then it did it again and on the third time it started. I noticed today when I went to start it with the key it did it to me but then I tried again and it started. What could that be?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Mines doing the same thing hopefully a toothe missing in starter and not flywheel or just need to shim but not likely...

·
Registered
316 Posts
yeah mine does the same thing but it useally dose it a few times and then it wont do it for months the it will show up again i halfway think its the starter senolid not engaugeing the starter fully but who know it could be fly wheel teeth or starter teeth missing

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd think your starter solinoid is packin it in. They break the copper contact disc from slamming up to the contacts all the time. If that's it, they are easy to change, and really cheap too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yea mabe sylinoid or i dont know if this is true but could be somthing with the glowplugs mabe im not sure

·
Registered
582 Posts
I went to remote start my truck the other day and it grinded and then it did it again and on the third time it started. I noticed today when I went to start it with the key it did it to me but then I tried again and it started. What could that be?

I had the same problem.
Sounds like you need to clean and lube the solenoid, takes dielectric grease
Don't let it go too long or you will be missing a tooth.
That grinding noise is your ring gear on the flex getting chewed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts