Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is the right place to post it but ill give it a shot. Ive been thinking a lot lately about starting a small towing/wrecker buisness on the side. ive met a couple people that have done it and seems to be pretty profitable. anyone on here own one or know how to get started?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I own a small towing buisness. It can be VERY profitable if your in the correct area. I stay busy but its hard to get buisness.

Big money tows are wrecks etc were you can make $200-$1000 with 1/2 hour work.

Your best bet is to get a Flatbed. I started out with a wrecker but alot of things are all wheel drive. You gotta get a insurance quote first because that can be killer at $2500+ a year.

If you got a local Coparts.com near you Id call them. One of them wanted me to tow for them. I could make decent money but have to drive atleast 10hours a day.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
462 Posts
hook up with your local steel companies and fabricators, get some business cards made up and do a little free craigslist advertising... local farm stores love small businessmen with trailers for hauling everything from feed and seed to going somewhere to pick up a load of bushhogs or box blades... Trailer manufacturers are the best place to get started because everything is loaded for you on one of *their* own trailers when you get there! just hook up and haul to Uncle Don's trailer sales in BFE and cash your check! good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts