Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jack my front tires off ground ,at lower control arm, checking out. Found some play pulling tire in 3 to 9. Tire rods are tight. Idler arm at drag link connection allows drag link to twist upward allowing some movement. If I jack up from chassis, suspension hanging, more movement is pronounced. Same at pittman arm, just not as bad. Truck has just over 100,000 miles. I am not original owner. How much movement can I have before issues? Also will supports be needed with my tires. I do pull my rv a lot too.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump to top

·
Registered
487 Posts
You really shouldnt have any movement. Do you have any movement when pulling at 12 and 6? With 100K miles you are probably due for new idler and pitman arms. Get Moog, they are are good quality, lifetime warranty and not real expensive. I bought mine off dmaxstore.com. If you have play from 12 to 6, then you need new front hub bearings (wheel bearing and housing). Braces are not really needed for the idler/pitman arms if all you are planning on doing is towing and daily driving. Any heavy off roading or launching or racing, then you may need them along with HD tie rods. Hope this helps.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts