Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed the truck likes to wonder all over the road. Has anyone replaced any steering components to help in this? What would you suggest as an upgrade? Possibly this...?

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali
18 Posts
get your alignment checked first.
many of these trucks are out from the factory

·
Registered
137 Posts
My Chevy dealer claims that alignment checks are considered 'normal wear and tear' items, and will not do anything alignment related for free, unless it's part of a warranty covered repair.
I paid them $119 to check the alignment when I got rid of the garbage Goodyear tires at 15k miles - and the toe was significantly out of spec. They corrected it and the truck handles great now...

I agree they are out of alignment when they roll off the delivery truck, and if i'd thought about it at the time, I would've asked them to align it before I took delivery... Live and learn!

·
Premium Member
10,425 Posts
2021 with 300 miles on it and the dealership wouldn’t check the alignment on it for free. That would be the last time I would deal with them.

Reactions: DuramaxEric

·
Registered
89 Posts
2021 and it has 300 miles on it. View attachment 1086145
Nice truck.......was expecting something with some miles on it! My 2021 with 1,500 miles on it goes right where I aim it. With the wandering it probably has some toe out. You can check it yourself with some strings and the help of youtube.

I would apply some pressure to the dealer as that is simply wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just an FYI Firestone has lifetime alignment for I think $160ish. I believe it's Honored at TiresPlus also but not 100% sure

·
Registered
700 Posts
Think you may have a issue. My truck a 2020 with 45k and running 35x12.50-20 Ridge Grapplers (3rd set--ranch is hard on tires) just got back last night 1200 mile round trip - perfect. Have had quite a few trucks usually one every couple of years or so and this one on the highway at 80 is as smooth as my C7 Z06.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
2021 with 300 miles on it and the dealership wouldn’t check the alignment on it for free. That would be the last time I would deal with them.
Judging by the pic and me building the trucks... he does not have facyory rims/tires...soo.... get an alignment done...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts