Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this, but I’m a standstill.. had it looked at by a diesel mechanic and he said it’s the p/s pump, so here’s the problem when in the lower rpms driving or stopped if I press the brake or turn the wheels I get this bad grinding sound and a lot of vibration... the whole master cylinder assembly shakes bad, and the wheel and brake pedal pulsate real bad... checked all fluids and they are good. Has anyone ever had this happen? And what is the fix -thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
It would help greatly if you were to completely fill out your sig so that we would know which truck you are having issues with.

Have the brakes ever been flushed end to end? Or the hydroboost may need to be replaced along with the P/S pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to this, but I’m a standstill.. had it looked at by a diesel mechanic and he said it’s the p/s pump, so here’s the problem when in the lower rpms driving or stopped if I press the brake or turn the wheels I get this bad grinding sound and a lot of vibration... the whole master cylinder assembly shakes bad, and the wheel and brake pedal pulsate real bad... checked all fluids and they are good. Has anyone ever had this happen? And what is the fix -thanks in advance
Have a shop check the pump pressure hook a gauge and repeat the problem see what the pressure. you could have a bad hydra boost

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
It would help greatly if you were to completely fill out your sig so that we would know which truck you are having issues with.

Have the brakes ever been flushed end to end? Or the hydroboost may need to be replaced along with the P/S pump.
It does sound like the PS pump, it is the only component common to your steering and brakes.

Since you are new to this, and to give you access to a thread for how to flush that PS/PB system, as well as other maintenance ideas, you might read this thread:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts