Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a clicking noise in the steering wheel that is easily reproducible. Dealership replaced some shaft in steering column, drove away with the click. Have reported problem problem to dealership multiple times.

See my video:

Does anyone else have this problem?

--Mark

· Registered
2020 AT4HD 3500
29 Posts
There are a few more posts around for this. I have researched it ALOT myself and it sounds like its the hydraulic assist fluid "jacking" when the wheels are turned or bumped quickly. Some people have had their entire steering columns replaced and it still happens. By the sounds of it, it doesn't hurt anything and is normal until they find out how to eliminate it. I've driven a dozen or so different 2020 2500/3500's and they all do it.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few more posts around for this. I have researched it ALOT myself and it sounds like its the hydraulic assist fluid "jacking" when the wheels are turned or bumped quickly. Some people have had their entire steering columns replaced and it still happens. By the sounds of it, it doesn't hurt anything and is normal until they find out how to eliminate it. I've driven a dozen or so different 2020 2500/3500's and they all do it.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the response BrozAT4. I did do my research looking at other posts and I agree some are similar. Dealership says it's not a safety issue and that GM is looking into it, but is sure is irritating. Good to know other people are experiencing the same thing. My wife wants the 2021 Yukon AT4 but can't stand the noise my truck makes driving down the road. Needless to say, I won't be buying one until it's fixed. Thanks Again.

· Registered
2020 GMC Denali 2500 L5P 10 speed
3 Posts
There is a clicking noise in the steering wheel that is easily reproducible. Dealership replaced some shaft in steering column, drove away with the click. Have reported problem problem to dealership multiple times.

See my video:

--Mark
Yes mine has had this problem for last 15 months.Give up nobody can fix been in shop 7 times. Love truck my 2003 Tahoe drives better with 220k on it.

· Registered
1 Posts

See my video:

--Mark
I have the same exact problem. It is annoying and have been taking the AT4 back to the dealer since new for this issue. Not fixed. Changed about every part in the steering column twice - it seems like there has to be some sort of sensor or something in there that is just clicking. I notice the same sound pushing the brakes sometimes leaving the driveway in the morning.

· Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the response BrozAT4. I did do my research looking at other posts and I agree some are similar. Dealership says it's not a safety issue and that GM is looking into it, but is sure is irritating. Good to know other people are experiencing the same thing. My wife wants the 2021 Yukon AT4 but can't stand the noise my truck makes driving down the road. Needless to say, I won't be buying one until it's fixed. Thanks Again.
Have you found a fix for this problem, my 2020 duramax does the same thing??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.