Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 06 Chevrolet 3500 LT Duramax Truck that the Steering Wheel Controls don't work and i can't figure out why? Everything else on the dash works except for the steering wheel controls? Can somebody please help me out?? Thanks alot, Jonathan

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Have you checked all fuses that could have an effect on the radio? Also, can you change to your trip computer using the steering wheel controls? I am assuming that your truck came with this steering wheel and it is not an add-on after the fact. Since it is an 06, I would take it back to the dealer if you are still in warranty.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked all the fuses that appear to be related but they aren't blown. Yes, i can view the odometer and trip with the push button on the dash instrement panel. Actually we purchased this truck as a rollover and transfered the dash over to the new cab, it worked fine before we did that but now it doesn't. I'm not sure if it is a wire or not ?? Sure would appreciate any help. Thanks, Jonathan

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Go to a local company that installs aftermarket stereos. For about 60 bucks they can rip it apart and fix it for you if it is a wiring problem. In my old Avalanche, I had an aftermarket stereo installed..and they told me that the steering wheel control wiring is very sensitive..and that it is connected to the same thing that makes your speakers chime when your doors open and other stuff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My steering wheel lights went out to. This happend when my service airbag light came on. What did you have to do to end up fixing this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts