Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. This is my second Axxess Adaptor box to put an aftermarket deck in my truck. First one would not work and when it did everything would be very quite and distorted. Now on to the second one. Worked fine for a while, Went to change out my deck from an Alpine flip screen to a normal JVC single din deck. Now the problem, music will only play through the speakers and factory sub only when the drivers door is open. As soon as you shut the door and the door dinger goes off there is no more music coming through the speakers, but there is still sound coming from the aftermarket subwoofers.

What could be the problem now? How can i completely get rif of these adaptor modules? I honestly dont care about having the door dinger or the seat belt one or any of them anymore. How do i do this? All i want is an aftermarket head unit to work like it should in here without replacing all the speakers at the moment. Anything else i can do? Or am i stuck with having the stock head unit back in the truck untill i buy another one of these pieces of junk?
:mad::mad::mad:

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
your in luck.. i had the very same problem when i put a kenwood Double din reciever in my truck. The problem is that you do not have the AMP turn on wire hooked up correctly to your new head unit.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
your in luck.. i had the very same problem when i put a kenwood Double din reciever in my truck. The problem is that you do not have the AMP turn on wire hooked up correctly to your new head unit.
Hmmmm............I wonder who ALREADY gave that advice about how important that was........you just can't help some folks I guess:confused:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Rosie25, that was the problem, Guess i was in such a rush to get that done last night that i overlooked it. When my alpine flip out was in there i had wires run everywhere under the carpet and a couple things hooked up to the remote turn on wire and i couldnt remember exactly which ones go where.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to bring up an old thread but im having problems with this adaptor box again. About a week ago i started having problems with my stereo. altenator whine, speakers quieter, speakers not sound as good, and a loud pop through the speakers and subwoofer when i turn the key off than open the door. What could be my problem now? Or is my deck screwed this time. Its a Kenwood DDX616 BTW.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump..... Anyone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts