Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on putting a system of some sort in my truck soon but can't quite decide what I need. I want some more thump, but I dont have to out thump anybody else. So what I was thinking was taking the PAC Audio adapter to plug into the back of my stock HU which will give me RCA plugs for subs. I was thinking a single 10" Kicker behind the drivers seat and under the back seat (just so I don't lose all cargo room). Let me know what you guys think I should do?:help

·
Registered
8 Posts
One ten will give you enough to make the sound stage better. I have two JL 10s behind my rear seat in a custom built box that I made, it is tight but it can be done. Is there any reason why you want to keep the factory HU? A aftermaket deck will offer you alot more option. If you need any help with the wiring let me know.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
You'll want 2 10's, I promise. 1 will give some background, 2 will make your ears tingle if you get the right set up and TUNE IT RIGHT. Notice how that's in all caps? Yeah, it's like getting EFI and having a reputable tuner work with it vs a high school kid with his 1st diesel and 0 experience points...

Edit: You can always turn 2 down, but you can only turn 1 up so high... Food for thought.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i did the pac harness on mine and the sound was OK you could say. (i have 2 kicker 10s under the back seat) But if you have the extra money i would buy a double din. All i can say is its amazing lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you decide to go with the pac harness lmk i think i still have mine laying around.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback guys, I figure that i might as well just get a downfire box for 2 10s. The main reason I want cargo space is because I pack my golf clubs wherever I go, but with downfiring boxes the clubs should fit right on top. Can anybody give me a good list of some headunits that will fit in the nbs silverados? Also, this may sound stupid, but hwat exactly is a double din?

·
Registered
533 Posts
din is the height of the HU. single is old style double is like the new touchscreen and theres even some 1 1/2 dins out there. i did a single din aftermarket and shouldve dont a touchscreen but oh well.

not to hi jack but you guys with the subs facing down do they hit very hard? ive never heard much good about these...

and where i should look for a box and sub together.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would do 2 10's behind your rear seat if your able to. Im not sure if the nbs has room like the older years. I have 2 kick shallows and they can either be a little extra base or lots of extra base with a stock stereo with RCA adapters for my amp so everything is hidden and looks like its stock inside.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
17,042 Posts
Ive never seen a aftermarket head unit in a NBS truck. Wonder what they look like?
I wish we had a sarcastic font...

This is Kevin's.

·
Administrator
17,042 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts