Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck didn't come with XM for some reason so I was looking into a replacement. Do any of you guys know of an aftermarket that would look good? I'd prefer something that would mount right in where the stock radio is without any modification. I was looking at the pioneer touchscreen but I haven't gotten the measurements on it yet. Any ideas?

Also, how do I fill out a sig?

·
Registered
215 Posts
On the sig at the top there is a bar that says " user cp" then "chat" etc click on user cp to doing things. an with the stereo in our trucks your looking at a few more parts to add to make aftermarket headunits work just an fyi =)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the sig at the top there is a bar that says " user cp" then "chat" etc click on user cp to doing things. an with the stereo in our trucks your looking at a few more parts to add to make aftermarket headunits work just an fyi =)
Thanks...maybe it worked..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Almost any Double Din radio like the pinoeer touch screen will fit. All you need is dash kit and wire harness

·
Registered
895 Posts
I went with a single din and a kit, most single dins in the upper range will have better proccessing than the double dins, you need a really $$ double din to get the better processors.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just put the kenwood kdcx494 cd player in my trike it looks alot like yours. Nice looking set up you got. [

QUOTE=Phild101;650408]I went with a single din and a kit, most single dins in the upper range will have better proccessing than the double dins, you need a really $$ double din to get the better processors.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
double din = better :rof

I'm liking the double din. What exactly does a processor do on a stereo anyway? Does that Pioneer have nav.? I was looking at the Kenwoods with the Garmin nav. Also, will the controls in the back console work with a new stereo? And will my steering wheel controls work with a new stereo?

·
Registered
196 Posts
double din is the best way to go. I am looking forward to getting the kenwood 9140. I think thats the model number.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I'm liking the double din. What exactly does a processor do on a stereo anyway? Does that Pioneer have nav.? I was looking at the Kenwoods with the Garmin nav. Also, will the controls in the back console work with a new stereo? And will my steering wheel controls work with a new stereo?
You can get the Pioneer with or without Nav.

that pic is the AVH-P4100 DVD.

and NO, the rear console would be rendered useless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts