Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody make a decent argument for using remanufactured fuel injectors instead of brand new OEM stuff? There is an $800 to 1000 difference in price. Are the "remans" just as good or will they likely fail sooner. I'm in pain over the near $5K cost of replacing my injectors.

Advice from those who have been through this before is most appreciated. If you are using remanufactured injectors and they are doing good please advise what type and where bought?

:help

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Often times reman injectors are still run through the same quality control standards of new ones. The only difference is they reuse parts that fall within specs of new injectors.I have personally never had any experiance with either one but that is the standard used in production with any reman parts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Got all 8 from Pensacola Diesel for $1200.00 (remanufactured)

·
Registered
80 Posts
A sales rep. for O Rileys auto parts told me that they have a LIFETIME WARRANTY on their replacement LB7 Injectors. However, I have no personal experience with them.

Check with Harley at Georgia Diesel, I think they know more about them than I.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ho long have they been running for you? Any problems?

By the way, I own a triton 220 LTS too. Love it!

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
i use gm remans, i get them for 230 each. i dont trust pensacola after some horror stories i have heard about them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This may not be helpful but I recently bought my truck and within one week of purchase, the truck failed to start. Chevy diagnosed failed injectors. I had an extended warranty in place purchased at time of sale. The warranty company was able to "negotiate" the price of the parts down to where the whole job was about $3600 for all eight injectors including labor. There must be a huge markup on the injectors and maybe you could do the same thing? Go to a competing shop and see what they charge? No doubt the warranty company has an edge over you or I in bargaining position but it may be worth a shot.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I had them go about three years ago and the dealership got me for about $4500

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using rebuilt injectors for over 30 years, I have worked on many different brand engines and I do not ever remember having a problem with a rebuilt injector. The last set of Dmax injectors I bought were $1800.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts