Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys iam lost the truck still isnt wanting to start like its supposed to i put a crank sensor on it and the shop has looked at it idk what to do...trying to keep from taking it to chevrolet but looks like thats where it might go anyone know anything else to try??

·
Registered
712 Posts
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

You might try draining the WIF using the valve on it and then try priming the filter.

·
Registered
589 Posts
maybe injectors, mine is hard starting cuz of the stupid injectors

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
x2, thats a very real possibility. Hard starting is a symptom of bad injectors. Do you get any white haze out of the exhaust at idle? Have you checked your oil to see if there's any diesel in it? You might still be under the injector warranty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i changed oil and fuel filter a 1000 miles ago...ill take it to chevrolet i guess

·
Registered
226 Posts
If it just cranks, try primer pump on fuel filter housing. If it starts right up you may either have a bad filter or the filter housing is defective. (Help me guys I forget what it's called). Can be bought rebuilt, and is a common problem on the LB7. May be headed for one myself. When my truck sits for a long time, won't start unless I use the primer pump. Replacing the filter helped, but after awhile acts up again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i primed it and it dosnt make any difference....so idk what its all about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts