Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so now what. i got my truck back, the slip says 8injkt rem, gaskets, coolant, fuel filter, oil, oilfilter. everything covered by warrantee. cost $0. ive driven the truck 50mi and there still appears to be fuel leaking from between the engine and tranny. it only seems to leak when the truck is running. if i park it and shut it off the spot left is only about the size of a baseball card. residual i assume. when its idling the spot will become the size of a greeting card in the matter of 3-5 min. and the smell of diesel could knock a buzzard off a shitwagon. i don't mind the smell so bad, but i don't want to smell like i've been on a tractor all day. something must still be wrong. could the pcv tube be clogged, turbo not working correctly, rear main seal shot, etc.. i'm taking the truck back to the dealership monday morning but is there anything i should be looking for in the meantime????

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Take it back, they didn't fix the problem.
+1....especially if it was done for free...cash that free card for all its worth

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I am just assuming it is leaking on the drivers??? If so that is where the fuel lines have a disconnect. The person that did the injector job could have jacked up that connection, causing it to leak.

Take it back and have them fix it. Or park it in there service department and let it idle, pouring the fuel out all over there nice floor:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i took the truck in today. went in and talked to tech and he said "pull it in". i did, we put it on the tech 2 and cranked up the fuel pressure. after looking really hard we found a fitting on the fpr that sits in the valley. apparently this is a part of the fuel system that isn't disturbed during the injector change. would have been nice if he'd have seen it while everything was apart. they removed a bunch of stuff and tightened the fitting. he did say he thought that someone "previous owner" had changed the part previously, probably thinking it would solve the injector issue (oil in fuel). so its all good. no more stinky. $197.00 incidentally he did say that the use of to much fuel additive can soften the rubber in the fuel lines sending debris toward the injectors and fpr, as well as causing the lines to collapse on themselves after a while. an interesting theory i thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts