Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a fass titanium 150. I'm wondering if I should delete the factory fuel filter housing or should I get the nicktane adapter and run cat fuel filters?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Premium Member
Option C:
leave it for a backup and install a higher efficiency filter than the Cat.

Registered
I wouldn't delete the factory filter until you have a built motor and running fuel straight to the cp3 to get every ounce

Registered
I've been deleted for years with no issue. Granted I don't have an lb7 but I saw no need for the extra expense of changing another filter.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Vendor
Just did mine had one problem but got that fixed easy and no problem since

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Premium Member
What filter set up would that be?
The Racor (acDelco) and the Baldwin BF9882 have a higher efficiency rating than the 1R0750.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/0...iscussion/539873-fuel-filter.html#post6836953

Leaving it (OEM filter head) in place doesn't mean you have another $$ filter to replace. If the larger filters at the LP are doing their job and you change them regularly, I would think you could go for several cycles (years?) before the 3rd is full.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Racor (acDelco) and the Baldwin BF9882 have a higher efficiency rating than the 1R0750.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/0...iscussion/539873-fuel-filter.html#post6836953

Leaving it (OEM filter head) in place doesn't mean you have another $$ filter to replace. If the larger filters at the LP are doing their job and you change them regularly, I would think you could go for several cycles (years?) before the 3rd is full.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That makes sense. How often should I change the lift pump filters?

Premium Member
With a LP, You should be either running a FP gauge or at least use a compound Test Gauge to monitor pressure/vacuum pre CP3.

With all new fresh filters, establish a baseline to go from. Check periodically for drop/change variant from that baseline to know when it's time. That's in addition to the periodic draining of the valve in your FWS filter, checking for any water.

Registered
Hook'em. Is that Baldwin BF9882 a factory replacement filter for the filter head?

Vendor
I had a kink in the 1/2" rubber fuel line i used to bypass it but we made a hard line from copper and is works great now

Registered
That's in addition to the periodic draining of the valve in your FWS filter, checking for any water.
I had this same question. How often are you supposed to drain the FWS filter? Haven't had my AirDog on too long and thought about this the other day filling up.

Premium Member
Hook'em. Is that Baldwin BF9882 a factory replacement filter for the filter head?
Yes. It replaces the old Baldwin BF7827 for the stock filter location.
....Baldwin did some testing on the Racor and found that it filtered 99.40%@ 4 micron which was better than the BF7827, so they introduced the BF9882 which filters 99.70%@ 4 micron. Both these filters are better than the Cat 1R0750(Which is rated at 98% @ 4 micron)...

I had this same question. How often are you supposed to drain the FWS filter? Haven't had my AirDog on too long and thought about this the other day filling up.
You don't have to drain it, just open the valve and drain some out periodically. You'll see instantly looking at the color stream and know if it's clear or green-ish Diesel, as the water will be in the bottom and 1st out.

Registered
Why would you not want to keep maximum filtration(even though the airdog is supposed to filter to a less micron)? I say keep it.

Registered
So what I have been reading is that the Nicktane adapter and CAT filters are not the best for filtration anymore?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts