Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have been doing my research and trying to figure out what I need to do to get a more aggressive look with a bit of a wider stance. Right now I have stock ride height with Cooper Disoverer ATP 275/65/20's on my 2015 Chevy 2500 and they just look too tall and skinny. I want something a little more wide but that will still fit on the stock height. So I looked around on here at what fits stock trucks and some said 305/55/20 would even fit, I figured 285/65/20's would fit without rub or any trimming but I am really unsure. I really cant seem to find any straight forward answers on leveling kits on here because everyone says it messes up the cv angles and sacrifices ride quality and others say its fine 'dunno;. I would LIKE to level but don't want to sacrifice the look just to replace things earlier than I need to just because of it. If someone with more experience with this stuff can help me out or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I plan on keeping the stock wheels on it but make it look wider and more proportionate. Any input helps I appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
305/55/20 fits just fine on stock wheels at stock height. If you get a more aggressive tire, the outside edge of the tire might rub just a bit on the sway bar at full lock, but it’s just so it touches, don’t even notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
305/55/20 fits just fine on stock wheels at stock height. If you get a more aggressive tire, the outside edge of the tire might rub just a bit on the sway bar at full lock, but it’s just so it touches, don’t even notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great. I might actually go with the 305's now! Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I have 285/65/18 and they have a slight rub in reverse at full turn. That's with 3 cranks on the tb's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts