Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to go to a 4inch straight pipe instead of my 5 inch. in the process im thinking maybe an AFE mouthpiece, ppe fuel rail fitting, and egr delete. with the added flow of the rail fitting will my stock lift pump be enough? or do i not need the rail fitting at all? i was just thinking it might help a little. also, what kind of gains should i expect from the AFE mouthpiece?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well shoot...i guess i look stupid now lol. ive been studying cummins with my buddies lately and i guess i just got stuff switched around...so in that case, would the rail fitting do me some good?

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Wouldn't do anything on a truck with no tuning. It really only helps when you need more fuel, it doesn't really add it..just helps I flow when it is pushed harder.

Edit: just saw you have a predator. Still probably won't help much, but it isn't a bad piece.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
haha:when you have something as aero dynamic as a brick, you need all the help you can get!

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
haha:when you have something as aero dynamic as a brick, you need all the help you can get!
Idk man, I watched a pinewood durby a while back and the car that was shaped like a rectangle won (FYI the cars come as rectangles and you are supposed to carve them into the shape you want):thumb

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Idk man, I watched a pinewood durby a while back and the car that was shaped like a rectangle won (FYI the cars come as rectangles and you are supposed to carve them into the shape you want):thumb
That's funny you use that as an example. I know a guy who 's kid was in scouts and they had a theme for car design. they picked "snacks". so they painted the block ok wood as an ice cream sandwich. so basically all he had to do is mount wheels. wouldn't you know that damn thing never lost a race.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts