Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the last few days when I start the truck (cold or during the day) the radio changes and goes to XM Radio Channel 1. The radio will stay on the last FM channel for a split second and then tune to XM1. I'll change the station to a FM preset on the head unit and I'm good to go. If I increase/decrease the volume using the steering wheel controls (SWC), the radio tunes to XM1 and then other random stations. If I go the opposite direction on the SWC, it will go back to the FM preset I was on. If I use the SWC for the channel up/down, it does the same thing.

Could this because my batteries are going? I know I'm charging the batteries while driving, over 14V on the analog meter.
Head unit going out? Bad SWC interface?
Any suggestions?
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know, but mine "eats" cd's. It will load them, and maybe play them, but it won't give them back! I have to get out my welding pick to reach in and snag it. So I don't use the cd player. Sorry I'm no help. I was truly hoping this post was about that problem and would solve the mystery for me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bumb

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bears, this probably won't help, but while trying to track down the answer to my problem, I was told by someone that the stuck cd (won't eject) problem is not rare, and can be fixed at any GM dealer's shop. Supposedly, there's a way to reboot these stereo units, and they have the knowledge to do it. Actually, I think I remember it being said that anyone can do it, it's just a complicated procedure and with my luck, I'd probably end up without a radio, too. So I put it off till later and just listen to FM. You may want to give the local dealer's service dept a call. It may be a simple 'reboot'. Good luck with it. Lee

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lee @showme , thanks for the reply! I'll try calling the dealer tomorrow. When I waiting on my new parts to be installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts