Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Diablosport Predator and it works great. Just used the tow tune for pulling my fifth wheeler and not really interested in the higher power settings yet. I did put on a 4" exhaust system this week and that sounds good too. My question though, is, by downloading my stock tune into my Predator and using the tow tune, what happens if someone breaks into my truck and steals my Predator. How do I return my truck to stock if I want to service it at the dealer or sell it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wouldn't store it in your truck if the chances are pretty good that it would get stolen. I believe that you could get another Diablo from someone and use it if they are willing to wipe theirs clean. ob1_jr (Scott) or someone else I'm sure will let you know further info.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I think you are pretty much SOL. The only way to get the stock tune is either have someone with EFI Live reload a stock tune into your truck, or have the dealer do it. I don't see why anyone would steal it anyway....if it is loaded on your truck, it won't work on another unless it is sent back to diablosport and reset....that costs $99 and they might not even do it since there will still be a tune in a truck. Your only other option would be to change the computer in your truck from one off of e-bay, but I'm not sure if there is any other programming involved in that too. Just do what I do, keep your programmer under the seat. In most cases it will be out of sight, out of mind.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you are pretty much SOL. The only way to get the stock tune is either have someone with EFI Live reload a stock tune into your truck, or have the dealer do it. I don't see why anyone would steal it anyway....if it is loaded on your truck, it won't work on another unless it is sent back to diablosport and reset....that costs $99 and they might not even do it since there will still be a tune in a truck. Your only other option would be to change the computer in your truck from one off of e-bay, but I'm not sure if there is any other programming involved in that too. Just do what I do, keep your programmer under the seat. In most cases it will be out of sight, out of mind.
Thanks for the good advice guys. That's essentially what I have done is hide it way back under the back seat and I'm comfortable most of the time that the truck is safe. However, I have heard of at least one more person that it happened to. Can you merely have the dealer reflash your PROM and pay him a few bucks and go on your merry way or what? This computer stuff ain't rocket science you know.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Depending on your dealership, they might try to void your warranty because they know that you programmed your truck. I personally would try and find someone with EFI Live in your area. I know it only costs $99 for another license to program another vehicle. I feel that it is important to carry the programmer with especially on road trips...you never know if you will need to pull and clear codes. Also, if you need to have a dealer look at your truck, you will want to download the program just in case they decide to do an update and not notify you first. There are software updates that come out periodically for our trucks. If they do one of the updates, you will be locked out from using your programmer in most cases since the programmer will have the stock tune in it and it thinks that your truck has the modified tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts