Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,264 Posts
Do you have onstar activated with a current subscription?

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Current OnStar. They have been notified. They tell me that nothing can be done until police report has been started. “Not what they told me when I signed up for OnStar”

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,264 Posts
Then get on the stick and get it reported, and make them aware that you have onstar active and they can track it and possibly shut it down

· Administrator
3,296 Posts
You can locate the vehicle using the phone app.

· Administrator
3,296 Posts
Mychevy for a Chevy
Mygmc for GMC...

act quickly...

· Administrator
3,296 Posts
You need to make an account

· Administrator
3,296 Posts
Light Gadget Automotive lighting Font Gas

More button bottom right

· Administrator
3,296 Posts
Font Darkness Brand Monochrome photography Circle

Vehicle locate...

· Administrator
3,296 Posts

· Registered
21 RST/Z71 CC/SB LM2 Summit White
73 Posts
First off, sorry for your loss, hopefully insurance gets you towards whole in the end. I'm wondering how it is so easy to steal these things and how they so quickly and easily can disable an integrated system like this, it would seem some sophistication on this heist, or is it simply luck that keeps our vehicles in the driveway overnight each night? I know they found some hacks for the onstar to open the door and remote start, but they said they were unable to activate the car and drive it. Did they pull it onto a flatbed or break in and drive it?

· Administrator
3,296 Posts
Sorry @KB3500 ,
I have heard of these stories. The crooks have figured out how to quickly disable the tracking system. I might cancel mine, gotta think about it.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts