Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Hope some one can Help! Was driving along then Just stopped Thought out of Gas But! After putting in 40Litres around 10 1/2 gals still will not go.Mechanic was there for a couple of Hours tried to prime from lift pumpbut no luck =Is there some thing we have missed! (Will run on prime) HELP PLEASE
I would like also to know How much Diesel the tank Holds 2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6Duramx
Thank You
Rob:help

Premium Member
It depends on short or long bed...short, you added 40% of full....Long, you added 1/3 of a tank.

If you did run out of fuel (not gas) and tried to restart continually, then it will take some time to regain a prime again. Keep trying to prime it.

Slave to the Interwebs
When was the last time you changed your fuel filter??? I would change it and prim it and see what happens. If you ran it out of fuel then it does take a while to prime it.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You guys really gave it a lot of cranking but no luck Not to sure of filter change mechanic has today taken lift pump to check pressure ...The way it stopped no cough or miss not to sure if i did run out of fuel So I just have to wait If it is lift pump i will be stranded for a while As I am 300mls from nearest Chev GMC guy Oh well
Thans again
Rob........:)

Premium Member
[B]These trucks do not have a lift pump-- [/B]if you run out of fuel or change the filter, you have to prime the system with the hand pump at the top of the filter housing- and bleed the air out at the small plastic screw on the filter housing.

The fuel is pulled from the tank by the injustion pump.

If you continue to crank it, you will burn up the starter.

Blow a little air in the fuel tank and open the beeder screw to let the air out.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
stopped now going

Hi All thanks for your help Appears as though the diaphragm had syuck in the Pump Now all fixed so we are on the road to morrow HELP still need to know the tank size as we did not get a handbook.....:)...
ROB

Registered
Hi All thanks for your help Appears as though the diaphragm had syuck in the Pump Now all fixed so we are on the road to morrow HELP still need to know the tank size as we did not get a handbook.....:)...
ROB
long bed: 34 gallons

short bed: 26 gallons?

Im Superrrrr!
well from the picture it looks like an extended cad standard/short bed.

So it should be a 26 gallon tank.

Im Superrrrr!
lol we all posted at the same time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts