Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Thanks,

Whats with the 45s I was thinking i should have gone to the 45s. I went from 16mpg w/ a turbo timer ( it idles for 10 sec at shut down) to 10.9 MPG. If thats the worst thing and this truck/ Injectors take me to 500k I would be completely happy/
They b smoke too much.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Hmm bowtie67, I think this is the first time I’ve seen someone mention something semi bad about LDS. An you mention the loss of fuel milage, you have a good point if they last a lot longer in between replacing them but then again, if you’ve lost 5mpg (roughly) say they do last an extra 50k miles how much extra in fuel have you used?
not trying to derail this or anything since it kinda is, you can pm me, but I’m pretty curious

edit: I totally get it if your doing the injectors yourself, I’d take 5MPG if I could get 500k out of them it’s a job I’ve done once on mine an it went great besides me just not having all the tools (quality tools At that)
I didn't loose any fuel mileage. Gained a lot of power. But I don't like the smoke. Well it's capable of bad fuel mileage if you can find a place to hold the throttle down.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey! I have a 2001 lb7 and I was wondering what the best tune would be if I straight piped it. I know that if I straight pipe it, that the more air will bog down the motor and I was wondering what the best tune would be. I just daily drive it and I hardly ever tow anything.
I had a 2003 with a straight pipe and a Hypertech tuner. I don't know if they are around anymore but at the time their tune was legal in 48 states. It made that truck a screamer!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts