Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a turbo back straight pipe west of the Mountains? Do you take it off for the damn yearly emissions or do you have any tricks? May just have to go back to keeping it registered to my eastern WA address where there is no emission testing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I didn't think they still did the emission testing anymore, here In Michigan they haven't done that for like 20 years now!!:cool:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think they still did the emission testing anymore, here In Michigan they haven't done that for like 20 years now!!:cool:
Lucky, most counties in WA require it yearly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I am either going to have to put the stock piping back on once a year or register it to my other address in eastern WA.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
hmm i live in lacey i dont have to do emmisions either. but then again i think my truck is registered up in ferndale.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
i have to have mine tested yearly. you guys are lucky. but i take it in tuned and with my straight pipe on. pass with flying colors!:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have to have mine tested yearly. you guys are lucky. but i take it in tuned and with my straight pipe on. pass with flying colors!:D
Maybe I will install the straight pipe and if I fail emissions I will register it in Cle Elum. I wonder if I fail badly if they will look and see I have no cat and issue me a fat fine though. :confused:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
well i dont have a cat. but its an lb7 and never had one. maybe they will let it pass. im not sure. the fine shouldn't be to bad if any.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Arent you special Brian

Oh wait i dont have to do emissions either

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I thought it was every 2 years in Washington. Oh well I dont have to test here in Ravensdale.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought it was every 2 years in Washington. Oh well I dont have to test here in Ravensdale.
I have always lived on the west side of the mountains, but kept my cars registered to my address over east before buying the truck so I am new to the emissions testing. I was under the impression you had to do it every freaking year, but you are right it is every two years, thanks. I just took them a few months ago and passed of course with the oem pipe. I am going to do the straight pipe and in two years if I fail I will either register it over east or put the oem pipe on to retake the test. :drink

1 - 12 of 12 Posts