Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have or heard a straight piped stock 3.5" on a lb7 ive searched and have not found the answers im really looking for. i am thinking about buying a 4" system off ebay. but would there be a big difrence between 3.5 and 4.
all i have is a banks six gun. just looking for a little nicer sound with lower egt.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ya u prettymuch gotta do it yourself. i ve never seen a aftermarket one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they sell one for 60 bucks. i really am interested if it would sound like crap or not. my buddy has a exhaust bender but i figure after buying a stick of pipe and messing around it would be worth it. just cut the muffler out and weld it in. done.
6.6L Duramax Diesel Stock Muffler Delete Pipe Chevy GM
i use to have all the time in the world to play but you all know how that changes.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ya man, u will like the sound

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a straight pipe on mine. Just had the local muffler shop do it since I don't have a welder or pipe. Only cost me $80 bucks and I think it was worth it. Mine isn't as loud as others too cause it is a CA truck, so it has a cat too, which I want to get a delete pipe for. But it sounds good in my book. If I could afford it I would go for the full exhaust though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ya at first i had muffler shop do my stock straigh pipe and was alot better then muffler cost me 40 bones. wasnt bad

·
Registered
339 Posts
do it! i like my straight four inch alot, one of the best mods

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ya i got same system AKDURAMAX.
sounds bad ass at WOT

·
Registered
71 Posts
lookin at doing the same but putting a stack. What is the size of the stock down pipe? and is it worth changing to a bigger one if it is 3"? Sorry got a 2001 3500 dually

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ya man i ran the stock 3.5 inch exhaust and a local muffler shop cut out the muffler and just stuck a piece of steel piping up there and welded that. Only cost about 45 bucks i think, and about a year and a half ago went with a 4 inch Stainless from XDP great deal and got a free tip lol.. Hope this helps

·
Registered
924 Posts
bout to cut mine off in a couple of days to see if i want to go with a straight system or the mbrp that comes with the muffler. cant wait to hear it!!

:rockin

·
Registered
924 Posts
cut it off!!! sounds bad ass!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
im not sure wat to tell u, just because im not sure wat a 4in. straight sounds like, but i have a straight 3.5in with a 6 inch tip and i have to say it sounds pretty badass. lol. i love it. so i wouldnt spend the money to buy an after market exhaust. but thats me. its really loud.

·
Registered
924 Posts
4" prolly sound about the same but with lower egt's. im in love with the way my stock with the muffler gone sounds.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2002 LB7 witha 4" straight pipe and its louder then loud but I have never had so much compliments on the way it sounds in my life, everyone loves it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
ya i got a 4" straight on my 06 lly it sounds sweet
Just finished taking all the restrictions out of my 5" tonight!!!! Kinda drones a bit though.... Still sounds bad ass!!!!!!:drink Wish I would have never put the muffler on it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
is there a big diff between the stock without the muffler and a four inch straight?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.