Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the afternoon and spent it in the shop on the dirty! Had some old pieces of exhaust laying around some from of our other projects and went ahead and cut the Kitty and Muff out.!. Love the results and sound! Made sure to make it easy to get the Kitty back in if the need ever arises.!? I'm still under the factory warranty so if I ever have any problems does anyone think I'll have to put it back in inorder to get the dealer/shop to look at it?

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
You'll love it the egt's will be LOT cooler,ENJOY how it sounds like a F-16??:D
Oh,and depends on the dealer,call and find out........but don't tell em ya name...lol:drink

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll love it the egt's will be LOT cooler,ENJOY how it sounds like a F-16??:D
Oh,and depends on the dealer,call and find out........but don't tell em ya name...lol:drink
Yea the sound is amazing, I was really surprised at how quiet it is at idle still also! But overall the sound is great! My last pickup was an 03 6.0 PSD (should have never bought) but the whistle that thing put out when I cut everything out was outrageous! Still wouldn't take it back though! :rof

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Straight pipes sound amazing on these trucks. As for your warranty I don't think you would have a problem. I have changed the exhaust on almost every car I have owned and no one ever cared or mentioned anything about it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
After I got my front diff fixed by the stealership for 3900 hundos they told me I had to take off my exhaust, wheels, and any other aftermarket accessories

·
Registered
25 Posts
After I got my front diff fixed by the stealership for 3900 hundos they told me I had to take off my exhaust, wheels, and any other aftermarket accessories[/QUOTE

That dealership sucks. I never ran into anything like that. I don't know why any dealership would care about an exhaust IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How loud is the exhaust, I am curious cause I don't want to piss my neighbors off when I roll in at 3 am, but I want that wistle sound and it to sound more like a jet engine. My trust is stock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You will love it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How loud is the exhaust, I am curious cause I don't want to piss my neighbors off when I roll in at 3 am, but I want that wistle sound and it to sound more like a jet engine. My trust is stock.
x2, I'm gonna do it anyways but just curious how it's gonna be, cant really judge from youtube vids. I've heard LB7's straight piped but not an LBZ

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
x2, I'm gonna do it anyways but just curious how it's gonna be, cant really judge from youtube vids. I've heard LB7's straight piped but not an LBZ
To be real honest its not all that much louder... I kinda think that if you didnt know that it was straight you wouldnt be able to tell... The major difference is the little more whistle and the F-16 swoosh sound when ur standing on it... Quite nice!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Snowman have you pulled anything with it yet? I would also like to do that but I pull a lot and really do not want it to be screaming loud... I have the LLY so it kind of makes me wonder if it will be the same. being so close in production I would think it would be close in sound. youtube it if you can and post the link.

·
Registered
637 Posts
with the straight pipe is there any drone in the cab empty or towing ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts