Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get into sled pulling and truck vs truck pulling. I was thinking of converting my 02 lb7 into a strait axle. does anyone have any opinions on which would be better and how to do it.thanks

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
it is possible to do a straight axle but not really a need until you hit into the 700-800RWHP range,i know of quite a few Duramax's well over 500HP and the IFS easily handles the power only if you do the centerlink and tie rod sleeves on there.thats what i did on my Duramax's and so far so good.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I agree with tyreboyz, if you beef up the IFS front enough it should hold out for ya. However, if your dead set on a solid axle up front then you might take a look at Off-road unlimited in Burbank, Ca. They have some good kits to convert the IFS over to leaf sprung straight axle. You can even kit the axles from them if you want. Their stuff is a little pricey but it's well designed and covers all the bases. I think most people are getting front axles from ford super duty's, then changing over to chevy hubs etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alrighty I will stick with the ifs for now. What is everything I need for the front suspension and where can I get it. Also is there any other tips you could give me for pulling.thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts