Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

my truck threw a TCM code then u0073. It wouldn’t shift into third then just died. It will turn over but won’t start. I have been trying to get a tow or find a mechanic since last night at 8.00pm. I’m near Grissom Air Force base on Hiway 31 just north of Kokomo IN. If it is the TCM does it have to be programmed or are they plug and play? My daughters birthday is tomorrow!!!!! Please help lol. Thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Wish I could help. Free bump

For real help, you're gonna have to tell us what year of truck you have and what all is done to it for any real assistance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2012 Chevy 2500. H&S tuner on factory setting with deleted DPF and EGR unplugged. 4inch exhaust. The down pipe and up pipe we’re going on this weekend.

·
Registered
230 Posts
First thought is electrical. Check your TCM plug. Other thoughts are grounds perhaps? Fuses? OR perhaps your TCM completely crapped out and if i recall they need a flash. Wish could help but these are places i'd start. I had a slightly corroded bale connector before and was the source of sporadic engine light codes.
Do find it odd though wont start. Its possible there are codes that are killing injectors purposely though.

Good Luck I hope you get it taken care of so you can get home!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Dealership in Kokomo says it’s most likely the CP4. I’m trying to find a way to get it back to Florida so I can repair it.

update: Dealer called back and says they think it’s just a bad fuel filter 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. The fuel station where I filled up, put gas in the diesel pump. My fuel was 85% gasoline. The dealership found the receipt, contacted the station and they are paying for the repairs and tow bill. But I’m still stuck in Indiana with a father in icu in Florida. Should I get a lawyer involved or let it be that the station has owned up to it? What type of damages should I expect from the gas in my tank? I only was able to drive 4-500 yards. Then the truck died and threw the tcm and ecm codes. Just glad the dealer ship went above and beyond.
Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Danggg sorry to hear that is quite the bad luck. Hopefully theyll flush w new filter and wont be any long term affects. Lack of system lubricity is a concern but if shut off quick sounds like nothing hopefully happened inside the motor. Its fairly common (more so than i thought anyway). Good luck hope make it to see your father.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'd have the shop pull the inlet screen out of the pump and check it for debris. I understand you didn't go very far on gas, but once metal starts spalling off in that pump, it's days are numbered. Good luck.

BTW, which station was that? I might want to avoid it:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd have the shop pull the inlet screen out of the pump and check it for debris. I understand you didn't go very far on gas, but once metal starts spalling off in that pump, it's days are numbered. Good luck.

BTW, which station was that? I might want to avoid it:)
The BP just south of Grissom Air Force base.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts