Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my truck (04.5 lly)is stranded in up state ny due to ses/limp mode. probably from bad injectors same issue i had about 2 weeks ago, which i thought was just a fuel filter. as i got code 1093. my gf brought it to the dealer in her home town they looked at it and they think its an injector problem because i had done the fuel filter and they have a service bulletin for the injector issue and thats what they think it is, but they're not positive, as they don't have a dmax tech in the shop. so today it will be brought to another local shop they will be getting into it on mon. hopefully this is all covered by the extended warranty. the worst part is its in ny and i live in ct. if its not under warranty i'll probably be working loads of ot 2 pay for that fix. any thoughts on what i should be looking at, and also didn't they extend the injector warranty on the dmax to 150k? my rig only has 58k on it. thanks jim

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The LLYs have a bulliten for the #2 and #7 injector harness chafing. You should be ok with warranty since the warranty on the engine is 5 yr/100,000 miles. You will probably have to pay a $100 deductable, but that is better than paying for everything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stranded

well my gf brought it to the other dealer and they will be starting to figure it out on mon. they told her the warranty was only good 2 50k because its not a fleet or commercial vehicle. i will be contacting gm about that on mon morning, as it should be covered to at least 100k, as that's what my paperwork i got when i bought it said. i drove up to get her in ny last night, so i went to the dealer this morning just to get some things i needed from the truck and also just pull the dipstick to see if there was any diesel in the case it was clean and smelld ok so hopefully nothing major.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stranded

well the dealer called yesterday afternoon my truck had #7 injector harness was bad and also bad fuel filter. i really didn't understand why the fuel filter gummed up again as i only changed it about 2 weeks ago? bad fuel? it was a napa filter, dealer said that some non-gm filters filter too much and they will gum up easier? anyway it's fixed for now.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You probably got some bad fuel from one of those out of town stations. As far as non-gm filter gumming up....none of the are made by GM....the fuel filters are made by racor (all of them except for maybe one brand and napa isn't that brand). I personally use the napa filter and have a racor pre-oem 2 micron filter. That way if I ever have to change the filter while I am on the road it is easier than changing the one under the hood with a hot engine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still stranded

well its going back to the dealer again. it was on its way back to ct and my gf's mom didn't get more than 50 mi and ses/limp mode again. this is getting frustrating now they said it was fixed and i spent about $200 to have them do it. a fuel filter shouldn't be clogged in 50 mi, unless something else is going on. any thoughts? i keep thinking it may be somedebris or something in the tank or possibly a bad fuel pump.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Sounds like they didn't look at the #2 injector harness. Hopefully they get it figured out quick.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stranded

well its finally fixed for good hopefully, after a big battle w/ the dealer. it ended up being the fuel pressure relief/release valve for the left bank. they said some of the earlier dmaxs had this problem? of course it's not a in stock item and even the dealers parts warehouse didn't have it, it had to be shipped direct from the factory. anyone else have this go bad on their dmax? anyway it will be good to get it back.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.