Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These problems just started within the last week.

1. I didn't think much of it, but I noticed a few times when I put my truck into park my door locks weren't unlocking automatically. It doesn't happen all of the time.

2. I also noticed a few times, when I put my truck into gear from park that the truck lunged after taking my foot off of the break like it wasn't shifting into gear right away. I also noticed that the shift indicator above the column was either lagging behind when I shifted it into park or drive or reverse and sometimes not even underlining the gear it was in at all.

3. On Monday, I was traveling from Denver to Great Falls MT and just after filling up in Billings I noticed my check engine light on. It doesn't blink out a series, it is just on constant. I checked the owners manual, and it said a constant light indicates a emmission problem. I checked the fuel cap and resecured it as it recomended. I usually use flying J fuel as I did at this stop. So I'm not sure if it may have been bad fuel or not. The manual says it may clear itself after a few trips.

Does anyone have any suggestions or remember ever experiencing these problems. Any insight would be helpfull. I don't have a programmer to look up what the trouble may be for certain.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Sounds like it could be the start of a NSBU (neutral saftey switsh) switch going bad on the trans!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I would have to agree, best to get them from an Allison dealer rather than a GM dealer. A new one is around $50

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what if anything to do at this point as both problems have seemed to remedy themselves. Too STRANGE!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts