Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I put my PPE tie rod sleeves on and decided to give it a rip in 4x4. Nothing major.. about a 6psi launch and just run it up through a couple gears. Under WOT in 4x4 I'm getting a strange sort of fast vibration. Not real bad, but it's there. Doesn't do it in 4x2.. and doesn't do it in 4x4 unless I'm in it pretty deep. And the higher the gear the worse it seemed...

Some kind of u-joint issue on the front driveshaft??

No other issues / sounds...

Tires have equal tread, equal pressure etc.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Are your t-bars cranked at all? If you are going to be doing 4x4 launches they should be lowered all the way so the cv axle is straight.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh damn... yea they are cranked up some.. not enough to actually level it out.. but enough to bring the front up closer :eek:

Could that be it right there?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any issue with running WOT in 4x4 with the t-bars at stock height??

Thinking about getting some shackles to even up ride height that way (return t-bars to stock height)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I decided I needed to remedy this issue.. but I can't take the non leveled look...

So today after work I took my rear shakles off and modified them a bit :) (extended them just over 4", and beefed them up quite a bit)

This should have given me just over a 2" drop in the back, and I'd say it did every bit of that. Lowered my t-bars until they are almost all the way adjusted down and the front is sitting what seems to be less than a half inch lower than the back (so it looks pretty even and level).

Went out and ripped a few gears in 4x4 and no more vibration :rockin

Thanks for the feedback on what the issue was :drink

Kind of digging the new look too.. it doesn't look like its 2 wheel drive which is good.. but there is something about having it sit a little lower that looks mean in it's own way.

- Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts