Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
To add to what was mentioned about towing your camper home, you could post a listing on U-ship and explain your circumstances. I just went through this with shipping my mom and dad's cars out to Oregon. I put in the notes section that I needed someone with a smaller car trailer since the cars were in a residential neighborhood - and they needed to pick them up on a specific date and time due to my uncle's schedule. Ended up working out perfectly! Worth a shot if you're needing to get home...

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Day 35 trying to get home.
Still stranded in Utah.
680 miles to go. No word from the Dealer Svc dept.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow, avoid Jurgensen GM in Ephraim, Utah ?
Or GM in general?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
To add to what was mentioned about towing your camper home, you could post a listing on U-ship and explain your circumstances. I just went through this with shipping my mom and dad's cars out to Oregon. I put in the notes section that I needed someone with a smaller car trailer since the cars were in a residential neighborhood - and they needed to pick them up on a specific date and time due to my uncle's schedule. Ended up working out perfectly! Worth a shot if you're needing to get home...
Wow, avoid Jurgensen GM in Ephraim, Utah ?
Or GM in general?
Dunno yet.
We have options but we’ll try towing it first.
Still we wait.
2212E14E-B857-43AD-9221-D8D86CEE651B.jpeg
00134D79-1185-46B6-B92D-23B6D6E5589A.jpeg

B3F547B0-DE4E-4B07-9AB8-D94002F19F56.jpeg
Local slop chute breakfast.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
No dealer loan car nor rent a car companies out here.
Using the Can Am for grocery runs
528203AD-92B9-47D9-8B10-8C02F27CA25D.jpeg
47625D75-A80E-4225-A70B-A4EDDEBC05FF.jpeg
BAB4B120-4D14-4E17-9D0F-9487E90C76D1.jpeg
We’re over $1800 out of pocket expenses so far.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
We had reserved the caboose on the Verde Gorge RR in Sedona to invite local forum members to join us. Included Champaign and food w/host bar.
We had to cancel it.
Wife drove back out to join me.

Plenty of time for Dog Maint. Boy o boy to Shepard’s shed fur:
7A4DDF4B-5874-4ABD-8A5F-9E3F5D18533E.jpeg

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,402 Posts
Wow what a mess, sorry to hear. I would be absolutely livid!

We just drove thru that area on the way back from Mt. Rushmore. Had car issues in Heber Utah and both places I stopped at for help were useless!

You guys are still in Nephi Utah? Where are trying to get to?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Everybody on this forum needs to start emailing every customer service person we can find at GM. This is absolutely ridiculous a brand new truck under 5k miles lays down and the local dealer it was dumped at per GMs own policy doesn’t seem to give a rats ass about fixing it. There’s no way in hell I would have let this drag on for over a month.

Sticky, when you inevitably snap and set fire to your truck (hopefully while sitting inside that dealers service dept) just remember to scream BLACK LIVES MATTER while doing so. That way the cops can’t bother you 😬 (y)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Thanks for the takes.
Still in Nephi.
We’re headed to SoCal.

Wife is a RN and needs to be back to the hospital Thurs.

She was lucky to get this time off and drove back out so we have a car until then.
So I’ll carry on with the journey home solo when she leaves again.
We’re hoping to drive it together in case the new truck pukes again.

The Rollin Home RV park is new and one of the best laid out parks we've visited.
The Covid has really hurt them with fewer Sturgis and Canadian travelers.

Nice couple built and runs it with their kids.
Wild game galore. Elk, deer, Pheasants, Turkey O’plenty. .

54A27602-A2D9-4D2F-BA1E-EA095015719B.jpeg
28097333-9D9E-4070-81FE-D54DE3A4B740.jpeg
A152C303-C03A-4F5B-98DE-F0CE46FB5BC7.jpeg
39795701-7E72-4B29-9FB7-25754203F574.jpeg
0679BE44-63B8-4AFD-8B61-2D03A0D48E3B.jpeg
E3FB27C1-2E27-4563-B904-5EC8473C4BCE.jpeg

Reactions: FreedomOne

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just got the ONSTAR email again that the trucks emission system is acting up.
That may mean they are working on it,,,

·
Registered
160 Posts
For what its worth I had my truck throw a code with emissions system while on vacation after towing fairly heavy. It threw a code, got back to camp with next to no power. Hooked up a Blue code reader and cleared the codes. After clearing codes, the truck immediately said continue driving to clean exhaust filter. So up the mountain pass I went, 25-45mph and I kept it in a higher gear the entire way. Went up the pass and came back down, and finally almost to the bottom it finished cleaning. After that, parked at camp for the night and unplugged both batteries and left it for 4 hours. Plugged it back in and it was smooth sailing from then on. Got back home no problems again towing heavy, took it to the dealer and told them it had a check engine light and was using excessive DEF. They did some software updates and the DEF usage has improved and of course no more issues. If they haven't done any software updates, there is plenty of them out there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
After 8 hours of forced regenerations the engine is now knocking real bad.
Not diesel clatter, it's real bad thumps.
We're told it's possible cylinder wall glazing and/or burnt exhaust valve seats.

It was really guzzling DEF and seems much less now. Was a gallon per 100 miles, now about 2 gallons per thousand.

In California a non-factory approved reflash will void the warranty and fail smog checks as soon as the tech plugs the truck to the computer.
If GM has a reflash for the Dmax they should have notified owners to come in and get it updated.

A $90.000 truck that is the company's flagship vehicle has left us stranded for 37 days.

My advice to anyone else is when you have it towed to the dealer do not accompany the tow truck driver.
The dealer service Dept is weary from this and will try to shut you out and send you off.

Have the tow truck driver deliver it and when the dealer calls pressuring you to take the truck elsewhere give the dealer your case number and refer them to GMC customer service.
Keep a cool head, don't go off on anyone. Lose your head and your ass soon follows.
It's been a bad experience.
Yeah nice RV park but it all ended there and we lost out on our Sedona trip and stuck with a broken $90.000 new truck and out about $1800 in related expenses. All this is now on CarFax reports and will diminish the value significantly, even when you trade it in. Especially when you trade it in.

GM customer service claims they called us several times in emails but we have no call record of it and didn't receive any calls but one. We always called them after getting the email and they never took the call. Just a message they'll call us back which they never did.
They just don't want to talk to angry owners even though we were not that at all.

Don't be that guy.

Be respectful, have patience, perseverance and use the system.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Rollin Home RV park is new and one of the best laid out parks we've visited.
The Covid has really hurt them with fewer Sturgis and Canadian travelers.

Nice couple built and runs it with their kids.
Wild game galore. Elk, deer, Pheasants, Turkey O’plenty. .

View attachment 1079801
Not much for Trees/Shade, Going to be a few years for that...

·
Registered
260 Posts
SD you have way more patience than i would have going through this ordeal.

·
Registered
332 Posts
We're told it's possible cylinder wall glazing and/or burnt exhaust valve seats.

It was really guzzling DEF and seems much less now. Was a gallon per 100 miles, now about 2 gallons per thousand.

In California a non-factory approved reflash will void the warranty and fail smog checks as soon as the tech plugs the truck to the computer.
If GM has a reflash for the Dmax they should have notified owners to come in and get it updated.

A $90.000 truck that is the company's flagship vehicle has left us stranded for 37 days.

My advice to anyone else is when you have it towed to the dealer do not accompany the tow truck driver.
The dealer service Dept is weary from this and will try to shut you out and send you off.

Have the tow truck driver deliver it and when the dealer calls pressuring you to take the truck elsewhere give the dealer your case number and refer them to GMC customer service.
Keep a cool head, don't go off on anyone. Lose your head and your ass soon follows.
It's been a bad experience.
Yeah nice RV park but it all ended there and we lost out on our Sedona trip and stuck with a broken $90.000 new truck and out about $1800 in related expenses. All this is now on CarFax reports and will diminish the value significantly, even when you trade it in. Especially when you trade it in.

GM customer service claims they called us several times in emails but we have no call record of it and didn't receive any calls but one. We always called them after getting the email and they never took the call. Just a message they'll call us back which they never did.
They just don't want to talk to angry owners even though we were not that at all.

Don't be that guy.

Not necessarily on a reflash. Unless it is a recall otherwise you find out about it when you go in for service. Have had many re-flashes on my 2020 and all were discovered when service work was being done.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Not much for Trees/Shade, Going to be a few years for that...
RV park operators rarely trim the trees.
If you have a nice paint job the branches will pinstripe it for you. No good paint shop will touch that fix under $1600 out here. Usually starts around $2400 and takes forever.
Or even better the branches poke holes in your RV's roof and AC unit,, and on top all that block your Sat dish.

We Google Earth view an RV park before we book and check the tree situation. All our friends do too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
RV park operators rarely trim the trees.
If you have a nice paint job the branches will pinstripe it for you. No good paint shop will touch that fix under $1600 out here. Usually starts around $2400 and takes forever.
Or even better the branches poke holes in your RV's roof and AC unit,, and on top all that block your Sat dish.

We Google Earth view an RV park before we book and check the tree situation. All our friends do too.
That is why there is a pair of lopping shears in the pass through right next to the awning pull down tool and wheel chocks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That is why there is a pair of lopping shears in the pass through right next to the awning pull down tool and wheel chocks.
Yes.
Good ops.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,402 Posts

GM customer service claims they called us several times in emails but we have no call record of it and didn't receive any calls but one.

Don't be that guy.

Man this whole situation is just mind boggling! I can’t believe what GM has put you guys thru! Now the engine is knocking real bad?? You have way more patience than most. Is GM going to cover the engine repairs?

This make me never want to buy a new truck, I will just keep my 2008 LMM.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Man this whole situation is just mind boggling! I can’t believe what GM has put you guys thru! Now the engine is knocking real bad?? You have way more patience than most. Is GM going to cover the engine repairs?

This make me never want to buy a new truck, I will just keep my 2008 LMM.
Thinking the same thing about my 2014 LML👍

21 - 40 of 55 Posts