Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my truck back after a cross country delivery and 3 day barge trip in a container to the base. Problem I have is the drivers side door lock will not work with the key. It worked fine a few months ago when I left it but now the door will only lock/unlock using the keeyless entry. Don't want to be screwed by a dead battery or something and I cannot get in my truck.

Put the key in and it won't turn at all. Not sure what could have happened but this is frustrating. Probably going to have to pull the door panel off but before I do, wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Might try some graphite in the lock mechanism. They make little bottles that you can kinda squirt into the heyhole. Might free it up.

Good to see your truck made it down there to you!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might try some graphite in the lock mechanism. They make little bottles that you can kinda squirt into the heyhole. Might free it up.

Good to see your truck made it down there to you!!
Thanks Jesse. Now I just need to find a way to blow out some carbon. :D Also want to load Jess' tow tune he sent and see how that feels.

Yeah I thought about the graphite and I will probably give that a try but the problem doesn't feel like it is there. The key slides in and out with almost no resistance. It almost feels like it's the wrong key (which it's not since it starts the truck and I have used it before). Very strange.

Travis

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts