Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why would I be having a problem removing my rear wheel from my new 2015 GMC 3500 single wheel. I have the polished aluminum wheel
and I tried to remove it to install mud flaps and it will not budge, I do know once I get it off where it attaches to the hub is going to be greased.
Yes I tried kicking it etc., I'm afraid to hit the back side of the wheel with anything that might damage it.
Never had this problem with any of my previous trucks with Aluminum wheels - and I have had 3 previous.
Any suggestions on how to gently get it off?? I'll taken them.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Is the parking brake set? I've done that one before....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Put a 2x4 (long ways) against the inside of the tire.
Wack the hell out of it from under your truck with the biggest sledge hammer you have.

The aluminum wheel has probably sized to the steel hub.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lol been there on my old mans 1500 with aluminum wheels.

What i do is put it up on jack stands, make sure it very secure. Take off the nuts and then thread at least 2 back on but so theres about 1/2 gap loose.

Then what i do is climb under the truck with my work boots on and really stomp it from the back of the rim. It took me quite a few good stomps sometimes they get really stuck on there. But yes lather some anti sieze on there

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I had to give mine a good kick on the top of the tire

·
Registered
252 Posts
8 lug wheels are really on there for some reason, take a 3 pound hammer or a maul and give the top or bottom of the tire a couple good whacks....itl come off and wont wurt anything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had to use the big sledge and really swing for the fence before on my dually. just hit the tire, not the rim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts