Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today after work i was walking out to my truck and noticed my drivers door was scratched to hell. and i can see paw prints all over. my stupid dog must have gone ape chit on the side of my truck. anyone got any tricks to remove scatches?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha ya man i bet that would do it.. i wonder if that buffer he has takes double A's or triple A batterys?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
ha ha ya man i bet that would do it.. i wonder if that buffer he has takes double A's or triple A batterys?

sorry, i couldn't resist. :rof how deep are the scratches?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
hahahahaha^^^^ hahaha :rof :rof :rof

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry billy i didnt know:booboo i can barly feel them when i run my finger nail over them.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Try a light cutting/buffing compound first, then polish, wax, and see how that looks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright ill give that a try. whats a good brand. its a black truck so it seem to show alot

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
damn, it's black..

Black is the worst color for those light hazy scratches.
Meguires/MOthers/3M...

Meguires stuff has a abrasive rating on the side to tell you how bad ass it is.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know black sucks.. ill have to go do a little shopping now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dont forget the last step........................ shoot the dog. Lol just kidding.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was pretty upset when i saw that. but she will live this time

·
Registered
253 Posts
Usually if you can feel the scratches with your fingernail they will not come out, you can always make it look better though. If there is alot of them and they are deep, your best bet would be to take a buffer to it.

If you don't have any experience buffing stay away from wool pads and/or gritty compounds just a heads up.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Buddy of mine details cars, he uses a clay bar to clean the paint and remove scratches. And then he uses a good wax. Works pretty well, he detailed the wifes jeep last year and got some scratches out of the paint that I thought were permanent.

·
Registered
253 Posts
06BLACKDMAX if you clay bar your whole truck, then throw a nice wax on it it'll look almost brand new again;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
clay bar WILL NOT remove scratches...

try a polish then wax

·
Registered
552 Posts
clay bar WILL NOT remove scratches...

try a polish then wax
Very true, however the clay bar removes small impurities that are imbedded in the surface that somtimes even hand washing will not remove. If youve never used it you would'nt beleive how much a differance it can make, espeicially on black.that is THE worst color to take care of.

·
Registered
485 Posts
ya I detail cars for a living and love claybars, works wonders on a paints surface, but I wouldn't tell someone it removes scratches..:D

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
I kicked the CHIT out of my neighbors goat it jumped on the side of my old truck as it had hay in the bed to be delivered... I thought i killed it lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts