Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...maybe I'm just obsessed with my truck....but everyone on here has big rims that stick out and big tires...and with all that...how in gods name do you guys keep your rockerpanels and other parts of the truck chip free? Or don't most of you care about your paint? I've ordered dee zee guardian running boards for the rocker panels...but my pipe tip is taking a harsh beating. Guess giant mudflap is the only way to go. I'm just curious to see what the rest of you do..or if it even bothers you.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
everything has it's drawbacks and with big tires thats one ofem..

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
When I got my rims I looked for a set that didnt stick out overly far like some of the ones you see on trucks. I as well hate having any dings or stone chips on my truck. One thing about paint is if you screw it up you'll never be able to fix it again back to factory. Even a good bodyshop will have some orange peel or improfections. With the silver birch you got metal flake. So if you tried to paint a panel the flake is near impossible to match so it will look a shade off (and drive me crazy). Therefore I am definatly in the same boat as you. My last truck had tires that stuck way out so I was always swerving from rocke. Get tires that stay inside the fender wells or you'll be paying for it forever!

My last truck..... talk aboout wide tires!
lol I just realized. In the middle of the bed on my truck there is a different gray haze. Thats from a dent I had at the top. When I went to fix it the color and flake was a hair off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Ive come to find that the step bars on my wifes truck help greatly with keeping stones from hitting the paint, im sure one or two get by but i like wide tires, so. MY truck on the other hand has wide wheels and tires but i almost always run street type tires so with just mud flaps it keeps most of the stones off!

·
Registered
484 Posts
my truck looks like someone took a shotgun to the rocker panels, damn A/T tires and dirt roads! :mad:

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
OK, damn mud terrains and pulling tracks :( nevermind, I kinda like that! :D

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got some full Dee Zee running boards today...they are half black half chrome. I don't think they look old manish, and they are going to protect my rocker panels. I'm also going tomorrow to buy some longer/bigger mud flaps with stainless bottoms to protect the pipe. I hope all this works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts