Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does it keep turning itself back on? Is there some way to make it stop? I went searching through the menus.... just can't believe that someone would make a vehicle and assume everyone would want to radio on.

Thanks,
-Mike-

2021 2500hd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I didn't want to turn off the whole head unit. Just the music. You hit the volume button and it mutes the music, but when I get back in the truck it turns on again instead of staying muted.(like most cars would). Same with turning down the volume... Is it just mine that does that?

·
Premium Member
2020 Chevy 3500 L5P CC LB SRW 2WD LTZ
34 Posts
The settings menu has a start volume setting that can be modified. You'll have to look for it. I can't remember the specifics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The settings menu has a start volume setting that can be modified. You'll have to look for it. I can't remember the specifics.
Thank you! I'll look for that. I would prefer if it stayed were it was last, but a fixed startup volume works for me as well. Not sure why I'm finding such a minor thing so annoying. Guess not having anything more substantial to complain about it a good thing.

-Mike-

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
iirc, the 'startup volume' is 'max startup volume'.

Impling that volume will be lowest of 'max startup' setting and 'last volume' setting.

'Max volume at startup' can only be set when the vehicle is parked.

Reactions: xcellmike

·
Premium Member
2020 Chevy 3500 L5P CC LB SRW 2WD LTZ
34 Posts
Just wait until the cameras won't do what you want them to. If you have that option. Or you find out that the trailer tire pressure sensor only goes to 100 psi when you need 110!
Don't get me wrong I do love the truck but just a few little things would be a big help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just wait until the cameras won't do what you want them to. If you have that option. Or you find out that the trailer tire pressure sensor only goes to 100 psi when you need 110!
Don't get me wrong I do love the truck but just a few little things would be a big help.
Cameras seems to do what I want. What don't yours do? The one problem I ran into was having a tall load blocks the rearview cam. Not sure why they didn't put that on the tail gate, but not a big deal.

My TT tires or only 65# so guess I'm okay for now. :) I haven't put the TPMS stems in yet.

-Mike-

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your radio will not stay "muted" between startups. That is what I did all the time with my 2016. Now, to have that same effect, turn your volume all the way down to zero. It will stay there between startups. This was confirmed with my local Chevy service department because I complained about it also.

Good luck!

//KMac

·
Registered
2021 Silverado 2500HD LTZ L5P
89 Posts
Why does it keep turning itself back on? Is there some way to make it stop? I went searching through the menus.... just can't believe that someone would make a vehicle and assume everyone would want to radio on.

Thanks,
-Mike-

2021 2500hd
If your radio will bluetooth to your phone just set audio input to your phone and unless you play something on your phone it will stay off. I just use that as my radio off button.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts