Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed when I'm following someone at about 50-60mph, I go to floor it and pass them The truck seems to drop off for a split second then it comes alive and then it goes like crazy. I've noticed this since I've added the PPE. I don't have an intake and wonder if its not getting the air? Any ideas??

Ryan

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Im not real sure on this but the few tuned LBZs i have ridden in have a horrible shift defuel casusing a hesatation befor the down shift. The added fual of the tuner magnifys the defueling making it more noticeable with the tuner!!!! Also could be turbo lag but that shouldent be programer related?

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering. If I'd get a beefier tranny and take off the defuel, would that help with that? I'm only running it on 90 hp right now. Don't need to tear it up.

Ryan

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I was just wondering. If I'd get a beefier tranny and take off the defuel, would that help with that? I'm only running it on 90 hp right now. Don't need to tear it up.

Ryan
mine does the same thing so i plan on doing a stage 4 or 5 tranny with out the defueler

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts

Ryan

That defuel is already built into the stock programming. I don't know that you can take out that defuel with tuning. You might be able to if you are using EFI live, but like I said, I am not real sure about this, but that is what I gather from reading the various forums. How many miles you have on your fuel filter? Could be a dirty MAF sensor too, but highly doubtful. I usually just roll onto the throttle when I pass someone...I still floor it, but not all at once. I don't seem to notice a defuel too much, and I am running about 90 hp between my 2 programmers.

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the PPE excelerator will take off the additional defueling that it adds. If I remember correctly that is one of the tuning options. How much does a stage 4 or 5 tranny cost so I have an idea?

Ryan

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
:rof Everybody with a automatic chevrolet has this problem!!!! I know guys with gassers that have it, i have a cousin that has a 98 Camaro ls1, and he has the problem, i think it's more of a transmission problem than defueling.

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I doubt its a tranny problem with the ally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts