Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install a sub in my 03 GMC 1500HD Crew Cab. Here is what im looking at:

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2179

The only thing is, I would like to do a single 10" sub behind my rear seat. I dont want a lot of bump, just something to add to my factory Bose. Does anyone make a box similar to the one above for a single? Or is it dumb for me to do a single 10 instead of 2 10s?

Thanks for any help and opinions.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Bass tube?

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Do they make these vehicle specific?
I don't believe they are vehicle specific. They are just like any other setup except the amp and sub are in one convenient spot. My buddy had one in his f150 and it sounded good

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looking to install a sub in my 03 GMC 1500HD Crew Cab. Here is what im looking at:

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2179

The only thing is, I would like to do a single 10" sub behind my rear seat. I dont want a lot of bump, just something to add to my factory Bose. Does anyone make a box similar to the one above for a single? Or is it dumb for me to do a single 10 instead of 2 10s?

Thanks for any help and opinions.
Fosgate 12" slim line truck box sealed , behind my rear seat , just had to remove the little carpet shelf thing back there.450 watt mono block amp , sounds great.
:drink:drink

the one 12" has more than enough hit for me and my son (we don't listen to any rap crap though)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fosgate 12" slim line truck box sealed , behind my rear seat , just had to remove the little carpet shelf thing back there.450 watt mono block amp , sounds great.
:drink:drink

the one 12" has more than enough hit for me and my son (we don't listen to any rap crap though)
These look like a good option for me... 12" can be had on ebay for about $190

·
Registered
539 Posts
These look like a good option for me... 12" can be had on ebay for about $190
Does'nt sound bad I paid 250.00 for mine two years ago
:drink

·
Registered
304 Posts
i'll take some pics of my setup tomorrow! I just have a super small box, i think its from behind the seat in a Ranger, and honestly it adds the perfect amount of bump. Got a kicker comp 10", its not the shallow version or anything. In addition to Bose, it is simple, clean, and it'll shake the mirrors when i crank it up! :rockin

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll take some pics of my setup tomorrow! I just have a super small box, i think its from behind the seat in a Ranger, and honestly it adds the perfect amount of bump. Got a kicker comp 10", its not the shallow version or anything. In addition to Bose, it is simple, clean, and it'll shake the mirrors when i crank it up! :rockin
Thanks man. I appreciate the help. Sounds like what I am looking for.

·
Registered
895 Posts
SubThump...I designed my single box off of theirs and it is great I did not carpet mine but I got it rhino lined to make it air tight.
Silverado / Sierra Extended Cab -

Later
Phil

·
Registered
304 Posts
here's some pics of mine... nothing special, its a 1000w Memphis amp hooked up to a 10" Kicker Comp VR. Sounds awesome at all volumes! Clean and simple!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here's some pics of mine... nothing special, its a 1000w Memphis amp hooked up to a 10" Kicker Comp VR. Sounds awesome at all volumes! Clean and simple!
Thanks man. Thats what Im wanting. Just a single sub to add some bump to the bose. Im look at the Rockford slim truck boxes with sub included. Single 12 is around 199. Im trying to keep this budget friendly

·
Registered
304 Posts
ya thats a super good price! i got my box at a pawn shop with a shitty sub in it for $40, then i bought an amp and my truck was already wired for it! that was a nice surprise!! well post some pics when you get the install done! happy installing! haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts