Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the LTZ have a bose sub in the center console does anyone know if this is true, if so has anyone changed one out?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
yes...all of the bose-equipped dmax's since 2003 have had a sub in the center console.

changed one out...what do you mean...change one out for a bigger one? You are limited by the power of the amp; its going to have trouble driving a bigger sub than the stock one. And you are severely limited by the amount of space (for a big aftermarket sub) in the center console.

·
Registered
261 Posts
There is a company that makes a replacement sub for the factory sub but, I forget the name of the company, but it comes with the directions on how to take the console apart and remove the old sub and then install the new and improved sub. I read about it and even read the pdf of the directions on an another forum some time last year.

Sorry can not provide any further data other than to tell you there is a product on the market designed to replace the factory sub.

Since I am happy with the sound I just read the post and for the info on the pdf and even downloaded the pdf but my laptop crashed and lost all my data and that was one of the files.

·
Registered
89 Posts
JL audio make a 10'' sub that actally replaces the factory unit for the obs trucks dont know if they build it for the nbs trucks...i love mine its a pita to put in and you completly gut your console but its a really clean piece completely out of site!

·
Registered
318 Posts
JL audio make a 10'' sub that actally replaces the factory unit for the obs trucks dont know if they build it for the nbs trucks...i love mine its a pita to put in and you completly gut your console but its a really clean piece completely out of site!

Do you have the PN from JL for the one you have? Very interested in getting one but hate searching through all their modules. Thx

racer

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts