Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So started up the LML tonight and as I am pulling out of the driveway, I notice a sudden change in the exhaust note. It almost sounded like an exhaust leak. I need to take it in for the first oil change anyway and will ask them to check it out, but I am actually wondering if the truck is trying to regen. It might just be me, but when I put it in gear, it felt like it was revving slightly higher than usual too, which is what sparked my curiosity that it might be part of the truck regen.

I am asking here first just in case the dealership just shrugs it off and want informed opinions from the folks here.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Like your variable vein turbo closing and opening at beginning of start up¿¿¿¿

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all the time now, not just at start up. I drove it to my destination, actually had to drive it across the parking lot because I found I parked at the wrong area, then drove it home, and it had the sound the entire time. It sounds like it's coming from the exhaust pipe at the rear wheel well. It changes with revs but sounds like a quiet "growl", literally like there is a leak.

·
Registered
472 Posts
sounds like the dpf burn off or regen to me...take it out on the highway for like 20 min and sit at around 65 to 70mph. that should do the trick, happenes with mine, alot of short in town driving kills the dpf and you get a shitty regen IMO

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Regen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts