Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. Have 02. Check engine light comes on and off. Loss of power, black smoke whether driving empty or hauling. Anyone have an idea? Fuel pump in tank? Fuel pressure regulating valve? Fuel pressure regulator?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
:welcome to the forum!!

I would get the codes read...that would point you in the right direction...could be a boost leak....any programmer on your truck?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
change the fuel filter and see what happens....

what year truck you have? Normally with the LB7s (at least in my experience) when you get the overboost code it just trips the light and you dont lose power...but I know there are some that do lose power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2002, 243.000 miles stock as far as know up till lately runs great. do you know how much psi the fuel pump in tank has?

thanks

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
0...there is no pump in the tank...the CP3 pulls fuel from the tank..the fuel system is under a vacuum until after the CP3 (injector pump)

When is the last time the fuel filter was changed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
about 6to8 weeks ago but maybe bad fuel will change tomorrow see if it helps what do you think about the fpr? some say they go bad fairly offton.

thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sounds like a boost leak also. Check the hose before your intercooler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts