What do you think would look best?

Aftermarket (which one)?
Stock replacement?
Stock Plastic-Dipped black?

Attachments

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Cheapest is paint the stocker or line-x it. Did that to my obs and it looked awesome.

Smittybilt has decent priced grilles, royalty core makes sick grilles, bmf started too?

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
idk, im trollin bro...i feel like they have a grill out, maye not. they should tho

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the BMF is truly north of $1000 it ain't happening.. not that I can't but I won't. That is insanity for a truck that I tend to drive over every and anything I can while out hunting!

Looks like it's only for the 2007+ trucks.... darn.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
idk, im trollin bro...i feel like they have a grill out, maye not. they should tho
I think you're right, or it's FUEL that started makin em. IONO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My stock bow tie is crappy looking but the grill itself is good to go... I think I wll plastic-dip it first and if I don't like that I will Line-X it. I need to source a quality billet bow tie.

I used plastic-dip with great success on my 2010 Camaro RS/SS (wheels, taillights, etc.) and it's "undoable" if you don't like it.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
so plastidip it pretty tuff stuff? i've been thinking about doing it to me bumper...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya.. for $6-$7 a can I don't think you can go wrong. Now... don't think it is going to give you protection like a Rhino/line-X lining. BUT if you do get a blemish it is VERY easy to touch-up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I decided to throw a coat of plastidip on the OEM grill today... I will see how I feel about it over the next few weeks before plunking down cash on something aftermarket...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
So you plastidipped your tailights on your camaro...? Ever been rear ended by someone with a bumper like yours? Lol. The grille looks good!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL.. No. no. no... The tail light bezels.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I love that bumper. Grill looks killer like that too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No time to adjust until after I am done coaching football this weekend. Same with getting the bushwackers, Cognito's, etc. installed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just a note: I've used Plasti-Dip on many different projects over the years. It's an easy product to use, but WILL run if you spray it slightly heavy on vertical surfaces. Be warned. The finished coating is semi-durable (washable, etc) but will tear or abrade if harder use is given. I don't consider Plasti-Dip suitable for wear & tear areas. Finally, the surface is NOT impermeable to oil and stains. If stained, I've found it tough to get clean. I'm not sure how I'd like it on a grill...long term. Good luck!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts