Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Duramax drivers as you can see in my signature block earlier this year I was ran off the road and totaled my ’02 LB7 Duramax. I replaced my truck in July with an ’07 LBY Duramax and would like to upgrade it to increase my HP and Mileage. Any Suggestions on a Cold Air intake, off road 5 or 6 inch exhaust systems, programmers? I would like to get the best product for my buck and see an increase in my mileage.

Thanks Everyone.
:poke[1]:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
EFI live will be your BEST tuning option. Whether you choose the v2 setup with the dsp5, the loaner v2 program, or the pre tuned ecm with either the dsp2 or 5. WAY more advanced than any canned tuner.

As far as exhaust goes, no-one runs 6" on a duramax. 4 or 5 is PLENTY. the only difference between those two is simply sound and thats it. Just comes down the personal preference then. :thumb

CAI's, afe, s&b and bills custom are all legit. My preference is in that order.

·
Registered
897 Posts
EFI live will be your BEST tuning option. Whether you choose the v2 setup with the dsp5, the loaner v2 program, or the pre tuned ecm with either the dsp2 or 5. WAY more advanced than any canned tuner.

As far as exhaust goes, no-one runs 6" on a duramax. 4 or 5 is PLENTY. the only difference between those two is simply sound and thats it. Just comes down the personal preference then. :thumb

CAI's, afe, s&b and bills custom are all legit. My preference is in that order.
This guy gives great advice! I will also add an AirDog II to the mix.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Bud

You had we wondering about the 07 LBY but I caught the LBZ Classic in your sig ;)

I know all the chip & tuner brands very well and am not bias towards any. Based on the quality of tunes only I recommend as following... For Powerstroke I use the SCT tuner with custom tuning. For Cummins I recommend Smarty, for the Duramax I use the PPE Tune. For a display I would recommend an Edge Insight. Like I said that is based on the tunes (performance files) only, not functionality. If shift on the fly power and functionality "bells and whistles" is important to you as well than the Edge CS or CTS are your best options. The Air filter I am always a fan of AFE Cold Air Kits, good quality, good prices and most importantly good customer service. As for the exhaust if you like exhaust drone go 5" or 6". If you want a nice throaty sound then stick with 4" single or even dual kit. Also for flow and improved throttle response look at the BD Full Bore Exhaust Manifold Kit

I hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions. Of course Duramax Forum Member Pricing is still available to members :thumb

Dave

Fellow Duramax drivers as you can see in m y signature block earlier this year I was ran off the road and totaled my ’02 LB7 Duramax. I replaced my truck in July with an ’07 LBY Duramax and would like to upgrade it to increase my HP and Mileage. Any Suggestions on a Cold Air intake, off road 5 or 6 inch exhaust systems, programmers? I would like to get the best product for my buck and see an increase in my mileage.

Thanks Everyone.
:poke[1]:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry

Thanks for the advice. Anyone else wants to pitch in feel free. Waiting on insurance check and paying off bills before i go nuts getting this truck to where my old one was.

Sorry about that LBY LBZ its late. Need to proof read more. Thanks :rofl

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
i would look into an exhaust, Airdog2, and EFILive tuning. an intake is not needed and IMO a waste of money.

we have some of the best prices and the best tuning if i can help please let me know :drink

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Package Deals

Anyone have a place for a good package deal. Bought from RPM.com on my last truck had bad experience with them.

I do want to get my cold air intake, Realing liking EFI with DPS5, and of course i have to have my 5" off road exhaust package.

Thanks for everyones input!:drink

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone have a place for a good package deal. Bought from RPM.com on my last truck had bad experience with them.

I do want to get my cold air intake, Realing liking EFI with DPS5, and of course i have to have my 5" off road exhaust package.

Thanks for everyones input!:drink
What products are you looking for; brands preferences?

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts