Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

What do you think?

• Sulastic shackles

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Save your money

Votes: 11 35.5%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do quite a bit of driving/towing and wanna improve the ride of my truck; ie jarring, expansion joint kidney shots, etc. My dogs would really appreciate it too since they spend a lot of time in the rig.

I have already upgraded my shocks with Bilstein 5100's, wondering if the Sulastic shackles are worth the extra $350??

Let me know what you think :drink

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I do quite a bit of driving/towing and wanna improve the ride of my truck; ie jarring, expansion joint kidney shots, etc. My dogs would really appreciate it too since they spend a lot of time in the rig.

I have already upgraded my shocks with Bilstein 5100's, wondering if the Sulastic shackles are worth the extra $350??

Let me know what you think :drink
How do you like the shocks? I am looking at the Sulastics but never thought about the shocks. I drove a truck with them and it did feel a little better than mine but he had huge tires on it. Mine are stock so I'm not sure how much that is going to impact it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like mine :rockin

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking into getting these too... Anyone else who has installed the sulastics think they make a big difference? They are pretty expensive compared to the better rear cab mounts, but is the difference really worth it?

I am definitely leaning towards getting the mounts/bushings in the near future...

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gregorio...so far I like the shocks. The ride is firmer now, which is not to say stiffer. It has made a difference with some of the moderate bumps and jarring, but still not enough to eliminate the big, sharp hits...from what I understand that's where the sulastic shackles may help?? One thing to note is that my truck has almost 80k and when I removed the stock shocks they seemed worthless anymore. Probably not the case with your 2009. Also, the 5100's made towing much more stable and linear which was a big plus to me!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gregorio...so far I like the shocks. The ride is firmer now, which is not to say stiffer. It has made a difference with some of the moderate bumps and jarring, but still not enough to eliminate the big, sharp hits...from what I understand that's where the sulastic shackles may help?? One thing to note is that my truck has almost 80k and when I removed the stock shocks they seemed worthless anymore. Probably not the case with your 2009. Also, the 5100's made towing much more stable and linear which was a big plus to me!
Thanks for the info!:drink

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just had the rear cab mounts changed at the dealer. The upgrades are AWESOME these things make my truck ride great, they really smooth out expansion joints and all the little jarring bumps are gone. Dealership did this for no charge. If you have not done this you have got to look into getting it done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
OK, you guys talked me into the cab bushings but Interstate 10 from Banning to Beaumont convinced me to spend the $ on the Sulastic shackles! Damn that is one rough road! No way will the cab bushings alone be enough to smooth that ride! I think I lost a couple fillings yesterday!

Anyone know which of our sponsors has the best price?

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK, you guys talked me into the cab bushings but Interstate 10 from Banning to Beaumont convinced me to spend the $ on the Sulastic shackles! Damn that is one rough road! No way will the cab bushings alone be enough to smooth that ride! I think I lost a couple fillings yesterday!

Try Nick @ NorCal :drink

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got mine delivered from Nor-Cal...$373 with tax, free shipping. Planning on putting them on next week when I have more time...will keep you posted on the outcome :drink

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Can't agree more

That part of interstate 10 is killer..It was even worse when I still had my Dodge....It would literally bounce you up and down in the seat...

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Best money spent for a better ride is a set of Sulatics and the proper Bilstein shock for your personal use and truck set up. This combo will deliver a great ride that will make you happy to drive your truck every day. We have been installing a selling this combo for a few years now and time and time again each customer is happy.

Thanks! I think I'll have to stop by their place. They are only abou 45 minutes from me!
Call ahead please, we no longer offer general walk in retail so a appointment is needed and at that time we can give you our new location, but we are happy to help you.:)

Just got mine delivered from Nor-Cal...$373 with tax, free shipping. Planning on putting them on next week when I have more time...will keep you posted on the outcome :drink

I think we talked right?

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Try Nick @ NorCal :drink
Thank you for the referal:drink

And thank you for your purchase:rockin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.