What do you think?

• Sulastic shackles

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Save your money

Votes: 11 35.5%
1 - 4 of 16 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
I do quite a bit of driving/towing and wanna improve the ride of my truck; ie jarring, expansion joint kidney shots, etc. My dogs would really appreciate it too since they spend a lot of time in the rig.

I have already upgraded my shocks with Bilstein 5100's, wondering if the Sulastic shackles are worth the extra $350??

Let me know what you think :drink
How do you like the shocks? I am looking at the Sulastics but never thought about the shocks. I drove a truck with them and it did feel a little better than mine but he had huge tires on it. Mine are stock so I'm not sure how much that is going to impact it.

· Registered
103 Posts
Gregorio...so far I like the shocks. The ride is firmer now, which is not to say stiffer. It has made a difference with some of the moderate bumps and jarring, but still not enough to eliminate the big, sharp hits...from what I understand that's where the sulastic shackles may help?? One thing to note is that my truck has almost 80k and when I removed the stock shocks they seemed worthless anymore. Probably not the case with your 2009. Also, the 5100's made towing much more stable and linear which was a big plus to me!
Thanks for the info!:drink

· Registered
103 Posts
OK, you guys talked me into the cab bushings but Interstate 10 from Banning to Beaumont convinced me to spend the $ on the Sulastic shackles! Damn that is one rough road! No way will the cab bushings alone be enough to smooth that ride! I think I lost a couple fillings yesterday!

Anyone know which of our sponsors has the best price?

1 - 4 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.