Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I went to the Sun Coast open house and dyno day this weekend. We had a blast. The people of Sun Coast treated everyone like family.
These are a few pics. The Rudy's Ford threw down 1040 hp and i forget the torque, but he blew a head gasket on a shot of NOS that was WAY too big.
The White D-Max put up 956 hp with 1700 ft pounds.
The dark red D-Max is my dad's, it put down 420 hp and 779 ft pounds.
The blue power stroke had a total investment of about 75,000 and only put down 550 hp. He was pissed!

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got a video of the ford blowing the gasket. How do you post one straight from the computer?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something else i saw i wanna know yall's opinion on. What do yall think about trucks with big lifts and really little tires. I saw one that had at least a 10 inch lift and tires that were about as skinny as the ones on my mom's jetta. Stupidest looking truck i have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So the truck with the topper put down 1000 HP, It looks like a true sleeper:cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. He was runnin a built motor with NOS and all that. Never would of known it to look at it. Only hint was you could see the lift pump.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Thats awesome! I herd that Rudy's Ford was wicked!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty BA, till the guy got cocky and added another 20% to his shot of NOS. You should have heard it blow. :rof

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I wanted to come down but i had to work... Ugh... i hate i missed it this year. What are some of the other results?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Pretty BA, till the guy got cocky and added another 20% to his shot of NOS. You should have heard it blow. :rof
easy there tahoe. I'm not thinking someone with 900 more HP than you have is being "cocky" :rof

Aaron is a great guy man. That wasn't him being cocky, but brave. Hats off to him for pushing the envelope on the 6.4.

Lets not say mean things about others... :drink

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanted to come down but i had to work... Ugh... i hate i missed it this year. What are some of the other results?
There were several guys in the 400+, quite a few bone stocks, and a guy in a manual cummins that was running on hydraulic fluid ran 330 hp and 730 ft pounds. :drink

And wasnt trying to be mean, shouldnt have used "cocky". Its their truck they can do whatever they want with it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
how does some one put $75,000 into a truck and get 550hp? i think you have a typo! that blue one is a 6.4 also, so a couple thousand and hes there,

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how does some one put $75,000 into a truck and get 550hp? i think you have a typo! that blue one is a 6.4 also, so a couple thousand and hes there,
It was 75,000 total, including original truck. And thats the real number. He was very disappointed.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
that still leave 25,000 for upgrades, id be disapointed too!, im assuming since he only hit 200hp more then stock he lied about the amount of money he invested,

but it is a ford so that should be expected haha

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
that still leave 25,000 for upgrades, id be disapointed too!, im assuming since he only hit 200hp more then stock he lied about the amount of money he invested,

but it is a ford so that should be expected haha
No if it is a 7.3 or 6.0 it takes ALOT of money to make even 500. There was an article in one of the diesel mags a few months back saying that some guy had like 30G into just mods and his truck and only made like just over 600. :eek: That's to much money for so little power!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
ya but the truck he's talking about is a 6.4, so power's easy with them. It's got a lift and tires, so there's a bunch of money, then if he didn't know to shop around he could have put a lot of money in the wrong places, and over paid for a bunch of stuff, that would eat up a ton of money. But still, $25k is a lot for only 550hp.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
No if it is a 7.3 or 6.0 it takes ALOT of money to make even 500. There was an article in one of the diesel mags a few months back saying that some guy had like 30G into just mods and his truck and only made like just over 600. :eek: That's to much money for so little power!
yeah w/ 7.3's and 6.0's it takes, injectors = 1500-3200, a turbo = 1500-4000, and then connecting rods b/c in the 7.3's they will pri bend at much over 500 so if your lucky you might hit it a couple times then plop a rod out!

i was dumb enough to start playin the powerstroke power game haha and now i have a d-max :drink

·
Registered
145 Posts
c power i think ford parts are cheaper then duramax's. unlimited down in breman sold 160cc custom built injectors to my buddy installed for like 1400 and a d66 turbo for 1200 he is makin close to 400hp with that. i have a little more in mine and i'm at 476, and the rods are good for 600hp as long as you don't have an 01 to early 03 they were powder metal rods (pmr) and they were only good for about 400-450 depending on who tuned it. By no means am i dogging chevys cause i want one but it don't take much to build a ford if you do it right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i know you can make that cheaper with a duramax but you can't touch a turbo for that, and back in the 90's when they had the 7.3 chevy had the 6.5 and you can't do anything with that. The guy with the 6.4 must have been retarded because a tranny tune and exhaust you can make more than that with those trucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts