Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this isnt definite but since there was some interest i thought i would see what was out there. i can do the swap no problem it would HAVE to be this weekend. if somebody can come to me and we can settle on a fair price with me doing the labor i would do it. its a scIII with 1056 about 4 months old/5000 miles. good and broke in basically. never raced or towed on. has been on the dyno once, made 3 pulls

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I wish i lived in GA. i would be on it like stank on poo poo

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
call me 4785503858

·
Registered
225 Posts
too bad i've got a 6spd... would be worth the drive lol bump for ya TTT

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
ok but does your post say it wouldn't work in his truck???

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
And there is where your wrong If its an 05 truck it has a 5 speed my friend only 06 lly's came with a 6 speed and i am very aware of these trucks and trannies i don't need a link lol:cool::D:drink

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
its cool thats how we learn good luck if you end up gettin the tranny:drink

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
its cool thats how we learn good luck if you end up gettin the tranny:drink
I put in an inquiry. I was mainly just checking to see what he wonted for it, and I put in an offer. If it tells you anything, im kindof broke right now so...

Either way I hope he can get as much out of it as he can, although I would just about give my left nut for that transmission.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Still wont work, even though it is a 5 speed in the 04.5-05 LLY. The pump is different on the 04.5-05 LLY.

This trans will only work in an LB7.

You are best off matching year for year on transmission swaps, as there are small differences with every engine configuration.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
too bad im broke

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Still wont work, even though it is a 5 speed in the 04.5-05 LLY. The pump is different on the 04.5-05 LLY.

This trans will only work in an LB7.

You are best off matching year for year on transmission swaps, as there are small differences with every engine configuration.
All you have to switch is a solenoid in the transmisson valve body. I bought my trans from a guy with an 05 LLY and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I guess I worded this wrong.. It WILL work, but yes, there are changes that need to be made.

My point was kit for kit the a couple parts are different. And the best case is to stick with the same engine on swapouts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.