Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Are you shipping the old one back??Congrats on a stage V[you'll like it],I know I had to send the core back,did they give you a price if you kept the core?
keep the swearing in the DF lounge guys...:cool:we can't let it fly in here...:)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
how much did it run you. i am thinking about a stage 5 also. gunna do mine in may... you can pm me if you don't want to post it. thanks

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much did it run you. i am thinking about a stage 5 also. gunna do mine in may... you can pm me if you don't want to post it. thanks
gonna be 5669 after a 1400 core refund. thats with the billet input shaft and deep pan. the billit flex plate is 6xx and the billit output shaft is 6xx also, not gettin those right now tho.

nice man...what converter are you going with?
1056 :neener

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
gonna be 5669 after a 1400 core refund. thats with the billet input shaft and deep pan. the billit flex plate is 6xx and the billit output shaft is 6xx also, not gettin those right now tho.

1056 :neener
you know the output breaks before the input right? and either way your highly highly unlikely to brake either stock ones with a stock motor

you can save money by buying a precision converter over the 1056 and its generally regarded as better

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
x2 on the PI converter, and unless you plan to build your motor, I'd save the money and not worry about the in/out shafts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ya unless the output shaft is made from better material then the input it will break first because your tranny multiplies torque from input to output. Which is gear ratio times torque at the crank.

·
Registered
683 Posts
can anyone tell me y everyone is saying the PI. tc. is better then the SC. why not run all the same parts

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
just what everyone is running right now precision ml ,its a great converter that our own mike L. had a hand in designing currently run this converter and its nice for the everyday driver

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
can anyone tell me y everyone is saying the PI. tc. is better then the SC. why not run all the same parts
it just is lol..thats why all the best builders use them

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was discussing it with tyler and he recommended the suncoast, he said the precision would be to tight once i get another turbo. and i think the input shaft comes with the stage 5. Its the entire core not a kit

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And beech, once the stock internals go its time to pull a newly and build a monster. also got the t-case brace with it, the gy recommended it, anyone got any input on that?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Precession has more converters then the ML. They have looser ones as well. If you honestly plan on in the future dropping that cash for a built motor then I guess might as well get shafts but still there are guys running 10's on the stock ones.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
stock shafts are good to 525-550 right? and whats the beefit of the transfer case brace?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
stock shafts are good to 525-550 right? and whats the beefit of the transfer case brace?
theyre good to alot more then that.

the brace keeps the driveline from torquing around under hard launches and sled pulling

·
Its just a worktruck
19 Sierra
13,908 Posts
add about 200 hp to that.
The tcase brace is supposed to stop tailshaft flex. I noticed a difference. I heard it really shines if your tcase explodes. Keeps the parts where they should be instead of all over the track.

And like Beech said, there is more than one Precision converter. Not all of them are Mike Ls. I know Merchant has his spec'd out for his liking and offers a few different ones.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.